At the recent Nintendo Event, it was revealed that the most recent title in the famous Monster Hunter series would be coming to the West. This one titled Monster Hunter Generations, and like its Japanese counterpart, would be coming out for the 3DS. However, no specific date for the game was given for release outside of a vague “this year”.
But, an Amazon listing seems to point to a July 31st release. This is entirely possible, as the game has been in Japan for a while, having sold over 3 million units. So localization could almost be done. Also on the page, details about the title were given. You can read them below:
- With hundreds of quests in store, there are tons of challenges to tackle in a solo adventure, and also via local or online play with up to three other hunters.
- Co-op online multiplayer – For some of the best online multiplayer the Nintendo 3DS has to offer, join up and hunt online with up to three other hunters, or meet-up and play together via local play
- Face a roster of brand new monsters like Glavenus of the Fated Four in addition to plenty of returning fan-favorites like the sly Nargacuga
- Previously only available as custom support AI partners called “Palicoes,” Felynes are now playable in “Prowler” mode with their own questlines and rewards, unique gameplay mechanics and gear.
- Choose from four Styles and many powerful, visually striking Hunter Arts for a truly customized gameplay experience
Nintendo has not responded to this listing to confirm or deny the release date that is given.