Fans who have wanted to play The Escapists The Walking Dead are finally in luck. Team17 officially announced today that The Escapists The Walking Dead is getting a console port to the PlayStation 4, and it launches next month on February 16. The game is a mash-up of the aesthetics of the smash-hit, indie game The Escapists, using the universe and characters of The Walking Dead.
Team 17 is collaborating with Skybound Entertainment to bring the game to the PS4 console. In the game, players take the role of the franchise’s protagonist, Rick Grimes, who must lead and protect a band of survivors in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. Rick and the survivors must secure, survive and escape a number of dangerous environments. The events faithfully follow the narrative timeline of Robert Kirkman’s it comic book series.
Here are the features that will be available for the PS4 version, which include PlayStation’s trademark Leaderboards and Trophies (Courtesy of Team17):
- 5 levels following the timeline of the award-winning comic including Harrison Memorial Hospital, Greene Family Farm, Meriwether Correctional Facility, Woodbury and Alexandria.
- Comic book panels and dialogue taken from the hit comic series and faithfully recreated in 8bit style.
- Weapons including craftable upgrades and iconic weapons such as Michonne’s Katana
- Characters from the hit series. Play as Rick Grimes alongside a cast of iconic survivors from the comic including Carl, Lori, Glenn, Hershel, Maggie, Dale, Tyreese, Michonne, Abraham and Gabriel, all faithfully re-created in charming pixel art style
- Crafting system. Choosing from over 250 materials, you’ll need to craft more than 70 different items to keep your survivors safe including tools like cutters and shovels and weapons such as the modified pistol and rifle.
- 24 bonus collectibles to find
- Leaderboards and Trophies
The Escapists The Walking Dead will be available as a digital download for the PS4 via the PlayStation Network on February 16.