Studio Wildcard has revealed that ARK: Survival Evolved has received a new player-created fantasy map The Center. The map is available now for the game. You can check out a preview for the new map in the player below.
The Center map was created by modder Ben Burkhart for the Official Mods Program for Studio Wildcard. The program is going to continue to generate a steady stream of player-created content that will be released for the game. The Center’s map doubles in-game playable geography and makes it 70 sq. kilometers. It also has a hand-drawn Tolkien-esque aesthetic. It’s highlighted by misty floating islands, ancient underground ice caves and more. Some of the new settings for the map look pretty impressive. The Center also uses its own save data, with separate options to reset the save data for each individual map. The Center, which has new Official 100-player Serves, also includes the following fixes (courtesy of Studio Wildcard):
- Added all content up thru PC patch v240 (includes such things as Broodmother Arena, Megapithecus Arena, Direbear, Manta, Chem Table, Prim Cannon, Lystrosaurus, Arthropluera, Sabertooth Salmon, Primitive Bola, Tribe Rank Management, and more!)
- Fixed memory/crash issues, massively reduced game memory overhead
- Improved rendering performance by approximately 10%
- Fixed the huge stall/lock/crash when you “Transfer” a bunch of items at once
- Spawn-In First Person Animations are now playing properly once again
- ADDED The Center Official Mod Map! Doubles the playable game area of ARK, with all new adventures — added Official The Center servers supporting up to 100 simultaneous players!
ARK: Survival Evolved is available as a free download for Steam PC and Xbox One via the ID@Xbox Program.