The medieval steampunk RPG Acaratus has gotten a new patch, and the team behind the game have given full details about what was fixed:
“We are working hard on the patch that is due out today! meanwhile have a look at whats going to be in the patch and what we are working on at the moment”
- Fixed counterattacking prevented normal attack from being used.
- Grappling hook now fires properly even if the projectile would miss.
- Lots of smaller issues fixed as well.
Too much to list here for new features in the campaign, but to name a few major ones.
- A new path generation system where connected roads can exists.
- A better reward handling, so you can exit from battles as soon as you have won and still get rewarded.
- You know have duration when traveling from points and each week that passes leads to harder enemies (20% harder) and new vendor items.
- An item vendor that you can buy and sell to.
- A card vendor that sells you packs of cards.
- A slot vendor that allows you to unlock new slots.
- An arena vendor that you can do challenges from and earn a lot of money but costs a lot of time.
- The balance is wacky now, it could be really hard to complete the current campaign because it is still missing a lot of features so it is hard to get the correct balance right now.
- Rebalanced blacksmithing costs for upgrading slots.
- A watchtower that reveals a larger area.
- You can only do armory work while inside a town currently, this is also the only way to regain lost troops.
- Cards are lost forever when spent but you can get a lot of cards from chests and packs.
- New armory scene with improved camera behavior.
- Improved the build screen with some better lighting.
- General improvements to the build screen.
- Improved the display of card description in the deck builder scene.
- Added new card (Detonate) that will make a unit immobile and explode doing considerable damage when it is your turn again, you also receive some armor bonus to make surviving easier.
- Added new card (Flip cover) that will allow you to land a cover nearby any of your units, you can further improve it by casting guard etc..
- Added new card (Shift up), this card is very experimental but it is meant to be used after a couple of rounds and provide a more interesting endgame by allowing units more actions, also the gearbox will probably have different stats in the future.
- Units get exhausted now by moving, this debuff causes a 25% reduction in all projectile and aoe attacks but only lasts during your turn (can be removed by shift up card).
- Small stat changes to various cards, Weakness got a slight boost and Overwatch now adds extra damage as well.
- Movement speed was increased on all units.
- Better footstep graphics and sound effects
- Added different animation speeds and sound effects for different sized and weighted units.
- Added new skirmish level (Sewer) this level uses the new camera system where we can angle the camera and still keep all the graphical elements aligned correctly.