Bethesda Softworks has officially announced that Fallout Shelter, the mobile game set in the Fallout Universe, is going to receive a new update later this week from Bethesda Game Studios. Update 1.4 for Fallout Shelter will provide players with some new features, content and a new bonus card. You can check out the full details for the new update below.
- Turn worthless junk into useful items! Introducing… crafting!
- New Rooms! Build the new Weapon and Armor crafting rooms and use them to create your own items in game!
- Lunchboxes now contain a bonus 5th card: Junk! Trust us – it’s more useful than it sounds. Lucky wasteland explorers may also find junk on their adventures.
- Take the Overseer role to the next level. Build the new Barbershop and customize the look of any Dweller.
- Keep up with the latest fashions! Find new Outfits and Weapons straight from Fallout 4 in lunchboxes, or craft them yourself!
- Because four-legged companions bring overwhelming happiness, we’ve added new Dogs and Cats, and are introducing… Parrots! Plus, new Pet bonuses!
- Time of day is now properly reflected. Because authentic Vault simulation is our #1 goal!
The Barbershop feature sounds like a fun, new addition for the game. It seems to fit right in with the style of the Fallout Universe. The introduction of Parrots as pets for the game also sounds interesting.
Fallout Shelter became a smash hit for Bethesda right out of the gae when it was launched on iOS in June 2015. It became the third-highest-grossing game on the App Store in its first week. In addition, the game received the Mobile Game of the Year Award the D.I.C.E. Game Awards.
The exact date for Update 1.4 hasn’t been revealed, but it’s supposed to arrive sometime this week. Fallout Shelter is available now at the App Store and Google Play.