Grinding Gear Games has officially announced some new details for the next content update for Path of Exile. Content Update 2.3.0 will launch next month on June 3. Content Update 2.3.0 features the inception of a Standard and hardcore version of the Prophecy Challenge League. There will also be new skills, items and challenges. Grinding Gear also announced the Prophecy Supporter Pack.
The Prophecy update will have players encounter Navali, a Karui soothsayer, in each town as they explore Wraeclast in the Prophecy leagues. Navali will then offer a glimpse of the future for the players to fulfill. These prophecies will take Path of Exile players to the farthest reaches of the continent.
In addition, there will be the Prophecy Supporter Pack. It’s priced at $60 and will feature 500 points and the following contents: the Prophecy Shroud Armor Set, Prophecy Portal Effect, Prophecy Mask Helmet Attachment, and a Prophecy Supporter Forum Title and Social Portrait Frame. The Supporter Pack can be purchased now.
Here are some of the new new features with Content Update 2.3.0:
- New Items: Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile supporters, three new types of Unique Strongboxes, and a new end-game map base type: the Plaza Map.
- Expanded Skills: Five new skills have been added including Spirit Offering, Ancestral Warchief, Fury, Frostbolt, and Vortex – a new area spell that explodes in a burst of cold around the caster, creating an icy vortex.
- Challenges and Rewards: The Prophecy leagues include a set of 40 new challenges. In addition to the generous rewards earned by fulfilling Prophecies, Players earn exclusive microtransactions as challenges are completed.
- The Endgame Labyrinth: The rumors are true – there is a fourth Labyrinth! High-level players must complete difficult map versions of the Trials of Ascendancy to gain access to the Endgame Labyrinth. Completing this version of the Labyrinth will grant players additional Ascendancy class points, allowing them access to more complex character builds.
- Technical Improvements: The game’s memory management system has been overhauled and its sound system replaced. There are also gameplay balance adjustments to some skills and items.
You can check out a new gameplay trailer for the upcoming Path of Exile content update below.