Grinding Gear Games has officially revealed the launch date for the upcoming expansion for the free-to-play action RPG Path of Exile. The new expansion, Path of Exile: Ascendancy, has been confirmed for a March 4, 2016 launch. The expansion will go live at 12 noon (PST).
One of the major features for Ascendancy is the Lord’s Labyrinth, which will be a maze that changes daily with deadly traps and challenges to test the mettle of players. In additions, players will have access to new skills and items to conquer the Labyrinth, along with 19 new Ascendancy character classes. Each new character class has its own passive skill tree to master.
Here is the full breakdown of features for the Path of Exile: Ascendancy expansion:
- Trials of Ascendancy
- Six types of lethal traps have been crafted by Izaro into elaborate puzzle rooms – an entirely new gameplay type for Path of Exile.
- The Lord’s Labyrinth
- An entirely new system for generating sequences of random areas, the overall layout of the Labyrinth shifts every day, uncovering new puzzles and secrets.
- Emperor Izaro
- You will face Izaro multiple times during the Labyrinth and the fight will evolve depending on your actions in previous encounters.
- Ascendancy Classes
- There are 19 new Ascendancy classes, each with its own additional Ascendancy Skill Tree to master.
- Izaro’s power can also be used to infuse items with powerful magic. These enchantments trigger specific skills and effects to occur on certain conditions. Each time the Labyrinth is completed, you may add one of these enchantments to an item.
- New Skills
- Ascendancy introduces a set of devastating new skills and support gems to customize your character with.
- New Items
- Featuring dozens of Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile’s community, Ascendancy adds tantalizing power for players to discover.