The staff at Crema, a development studio in Madrid, had fond memories of playing Pokemon as kids. But the one thing they’d always wanted from the series — a full-fledged Pokemon MMO — was very unlikely to ever happen. So….they started making their own!
Temtem is the result, and since its release last week, it’s taking the Internet by storm. You get everything you love about Pokemon: wandering the landscape, collecting adorable monsters, battling and raising them. But there’s an MMO twist, with NPC trainers being replaced by real people.
- Story Campaign: Journey across six vivid islands and embark on the adventure of becoming a Temtem tamer while fighting against the evil Clan Belsoto.
- Online World: The days of traveling solo are over; in Temtem the world is a massively multiplayer one. Tamers from around the world can join and you will be able to see them around you, living the adventure with you and fighting to become the best Temtem tamer.
- Co-Op Adventure: You will be able to join forces with a friend any time and work together towards your next goal. Catch new Temtem, complete a Route, or face off against a Temtem Leader; all while fighting alongside your friend in dual battles!
- Housing: Buy your own house at Atoll Row and decorate it your way. Buy new furniture, color your walls and you’ll be ready to invite your friends over!
- Customize: Customize your character to stand out from the crowd and get new cosmetics while you battle other tamers. Pick a silly hat, a comfy sweatshirt, some pants and you’re ready to go! Or maybe you prefer to wear a full-on cosplay of your favorite Temtem?
- Competitive: Start by choosing 10 Temtem and the pick and ban phase will begin. Take turns with your rival to pick your Temtem and ban theirs. When all the decisions are made and the turns are ended, you will end up with a squad of 4 Temtem and the battle will begin.
Keep in mind the version of Temtem that currently exists is a work in progress. It’s the Early Access version with bugs and some involuntary server downtime. The game will get better as Crema pecks at it…they are a staff of just eighteen people!
Temtem is downloadable from Steam Early Access, for $34.99. A Kickstarter for the game was launched in 2018; thanks to the campaign’s success, it’s coming to consoles eventually. You can also find out more about the game’s lore and world by browsing the campaign page, though some things may have changed since its release.