A new patch for Guild Wars 2 is granting more freedom for its players. Mainly through the use of Gliding, which has now been expanded to be able to use nearly everywhere in Central Tyria:
Gliding in Central Tyria
- Gliding is now enabled in Central Tyria. Gliding masteries earned in Heart of Thornswill function in allowed Central Tyrian maps:
- Gaining the Basic Gliding Mastery now allows for the glider to be used in Central Tyria as well as Heart of Maguuma maps.
- All cities and open-world maps have gliding enabled. Specific areas will still prevent glider use in order to limit exploits.
- Gliding remains disabled in dungeons and story instances in Central Tyria.
- Gliding remains disabled in all PvP and WvW maps, except for the Heart of the Mists.
Another key upgrade is the Squad UI:
Enhanced Squad UI
- Squads will now have access to squad markers.
- Squad markers can be placed on a location in the world as well as on targetable items, players, and NPCs.
- There are eight marker types, each of which has a unique color and symbol.
- See the Squad section of the Control Options menu [F11] for key bindings related to placing and removing markers.
- A new Groups category has been added to the General Options menu [F11]. This contains the following options:
- Select whether to show all commander tags.
- Use the Simple Party UI (moved from User Interface options).
- Clear all squad markers regardless of key binding as opposed to having to clear location and target markers separately.
- Squad Commanders can now appoint lieutenants to take care of administrative tasks. Lieutenants will have the authority to perform the following tasks:
- Invite and dismiss players.
- Arrange subgroups (except for moving the commander or other lieutenants).
- Broadcast messages.
- Place and remove squad markers.
- See the chart attached to the bottom of this post for a comparison of the actions available to commanders, lieutenants, and squad members.
You can check out the full patch notes via the official site.