Has anything new happened in Destiny 2? Got a link to the Patch Notes?
Since its launch, Destiny has been mired with backlash from the player base, and much of it for good reason. The game was filled with changes that they didn’t appreciate, and so, Bungie has been working hard to remedy the situation. On their site today, they revealed a new update that’ll change a lot of things. Here’s a small breakdown of it.
Nightfall Strike Scoring
- Both normal and Prestige Nightfall now have scoring
- Enemy kills and orb generation will accrue points
- Highest set scores will display on each Nightfall’s respective emblem
- Scores above a target value will enable the Nightfall Aura and a fireteam Vanguard Token bonus
- Total team score will be displayed at the end of the Nightfall in the PGCR
Nightfall Challenge Cards
- The Prestige Nightfall challenge card allows players to select modifiers for the Prestige Nightfall that affect gameplay and score multipliers
- Players can select active Elemental modifiers to boost outgoing and incoming damage
- Players can opt into using a power handicap that will lower their character power level in the Prestige Nightfall but raise the score multiplier
- Extinguish is always on when applying the Nightfall Challenge Card. If the full fireteam wipes in a respawning restricted area, the fireteam will be returned to orbit
- Cards cannot be modified once the activity has been launched
- These cards will drop for DLC owners in the normal or Prestige Nightfall
- The fireteam leader’s card is applied to the entire fireteam when launching the Prestige Nightfall
I've never played this game before, hopefully I would like it.
I got to say, though I never got into the game it does look interesting.
The chest nerf is just not a good idea. I mean Menagerio will become a great activity to no one playing it.