Bungie has a big, new update coming down the pike this month for Destiny. During the company’s recent Twitch livestream, the developer showcased “new things to earn” for the game’s upcoming April update. You can check out the full video of the Twitch livestream session below as well.
The video featured the developers going through the Reef in new armor. The update will enable players with new ways to acquire loot, get it upgraded and store it in a bigger Vault. So players might be happy to know that the Vault space is expanding.
In addition, some classic Year One Destiny weapons will be making a comeback with the update. Specifically, the Patience & Time sniper rifle will be getting an upgrade for Year Two. Here’s a list of new features, courtesy of Bungie, that will be featured in the upcoming April update:
- The April Update will provide new Armor and Weapons for your Guardian
- Chroma is a new material that enables you to add a luminous glow to your character
- Sterling Treasure boxes are a source of new Armor, Chroma, Ships, Sparrows, and Boosts
- You can earn a total of three Sterling Treasure boxes each week
- Play one weekly Crucible match featured in the Director
- Emerge triumphant from the Level 41 Prison of Elders
- Visit a Postmaster in the Tower or the Reef
- Eververse has Sterling Treasure boxes, too, along with new Emotes for your Guardian
- Vault Space is being expanded with one additional tab for Armor, Weapons, and General items
- Some popular Year One Legendary Weapons are making a comeback in Year Two
Chroma can be added to Weapons allowing you to customize the look of your gun for the first time
- There is also a Taken Sword.
Some of the new armor sets Bungie revealed do look very interesting. In addition, getting a sword weapon from the Taken also looks very cool. Destiny’s massive update arrives later this month.