A special press release has revealed that the upcoming Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will feature special gameplay additions for those that have the Tobii EyeX tracker. The tracker helps follow the eye movements of the gamer to a very precise degree, which manipulates the game for better immersion. A special bundle with the EyeX tracker and the game will come on August 23rd with the main games release.
“With the Deus Ex franchise being a window to the future, we always try to provide innovative, ground-breaking experiences for our players,” says André Vu, Executive Brand Director at Eidos Montréal. “The numerous Tobii eye tracking features built into the game will provide PC gamers an extra layer of immersion that blends perfectly with the futuristic universe depicted in Deus Ex.”
They went on to list some of the special innovations that the game will have with the tracker.
“Deus Ex: Mankind Divided comes with a ton of new innovations to make gamers salivate. With eye tracking integration, gameplay becomes more immersive as the gamer’s eye movement is harnessed to create more natural and more realistic actions, making them part of this futuristic, dystopian world. Tobii eye tracking features include:
- Aim at Gaze – Look at the target to take aim, then press a button and fire. This feature let players take out enemies using their natural gaze and will even work when locking the tesla gun for all-out mayhem.
- Extended View– Look to the edge of the screen and the game’s camera will pan – giving players a wider field of view with just a glance. The natural eye movement will allow further immersion into the game’s environment and let players control what they want to see – just as in real life.
- Icarus Dash at gaze – Simply look in the direction you want Adam to move in – even vertically. This will allow players you use the controls in a more fluid manner.
- Interact at gaze – This feature lets players move effortlessly using the natural gaze to intuitively interact with objects. Look at an object, press a button and automatically move towards it before picking it up.
- Clean UI– This feature lets player access UI info only when needed, giving them deeper immersion into the game’s environment. Look and they’ll appear. Look away, they’ll become nearly transparent. The screen is always covered fully in the game’s world, with the vital stats just a glance away. Helps you embrace the game’s environment. Helps players keep track of what you need to –when they need to.
- Cover at Gaze – This feature lets players find refuge when the heat is on just by gazing across the environment – highlighting places you can hide behind. (Not available on August 23, this feature will be available in an upcoming update.)”