Quantcast

Your Expectations?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 3, 2015.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I think it's too early to consider it as one of the best of 2016. I mean it comes out pretty early and we still don't know everything that is coming out or being delayed (we don't even know if The Division is going to be delayed again!), so I think we should talk about this at the end of next year. :D

2. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Man, don't even joke about that :D Yeah, who knows what the future brings, maybe Bethesda makes Elder Scrolls VI or something next year, but from the current standpoint, I'd say Division looks mighty fine.

3. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

It's hard to call a game GOTY before we've even played it, but I guess we're speculating based on what we've seen and what the devs have set our expectations at. That's the job of a AAA game, to get you pumped since there's so much money invested in the making and marketing of the game. If The Division reaches its potential, it definitely has what it takes to at least be in the talks of GOTY. That's a huge "if" though.

4. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

I don't know if it will go full blown game of the year, a lot of MMO's are tough with that. At least from the ones I've experienced. Now, that's not to say that it will do badly, though. The more I see about it the more excited I get that enough effort was put into this game to make it a good contender with all the other games we have going on right now.

5. Cyborg Superman

I can't think of an MMO off the top of my head that was Game of the Year. It seems like it takes a few months until an MMO really comes into its own, so that might be the reason.

Maelalove likes this.
  6. Maelalove

That's true, same here. I don't know if it's just content and depth or what, but it seems like a lot of MMO's just aren't even thought of in that category. Although that might have to do a lot with amazing games overshadowing them..

7. Cyborg Superman

True, plus it's hard to really rate or compare a game that's constantly being updated vs. a game that may get a patch here and there but is fairly complete when it's launched.

8. Maelalove

That's a good point. A lot of things in an MMO are open ended, just by sheer nature. Which would make it "incomplete" in some ways, you could say.

9. Cyborg Superman

True, it's an ongoing game where even "end-game" content is added once the general population levels up to a high enough level. I'm curious to see how the levelling will go, and if there will be a level cap.

10. Maelalove

I feel like it's going to be less "leveling" more "put your skill points in" kind of thing. So with multiple characters, and probably with sub "trees" to go down, it might actually be a pretty long way down, haha.

11. Cyborg Superman

Fair enough, I'm just wondering if there will be a skill point cap then. I mean, when it comes to online some people invest a ton of time into their characters... at one point do you have all of your skills unlocked and all skill points? I'm curious to see what that will look like. I remember for Star Wars: The Old Republic when it first came out, some folks had hit max level in like, a weekend.

Maelalove likes this.
  12. Maelalove

That sounds like every new World of Warcraft expansion. No one takes their time anymore... then they complain when they're bored. Like, you didn't let yourself enjoy it! And there probably will be, either that or the amount of skill points you can get won't be enough for everything and you have to swap around or something. Might make it more interesting.

13. Cyborg Superman

It becomes that race to be the first... The first to hit max level, the first to finish end content... and then you see them on the message boards complaining that the game is too short, that there isn't enough end content... And it's like, dude, you probably need to play 3 games at the time if you're going at that pace.