Do you even need a guild in World of Warcraft now?

Bravosi

Regular
Then you miss out on the whole guild thing. Personally I don't see the necessity to have a guild if you're doing everything solo. :p

Annejk18

Regular
Guild is not a must honestly. You can play without that. But for me, I think I have too. It's more enjoyable for me to have one.

Bravosi

Regular
@Annejk18
No, you're right. You don't need a guild, especially if you have IRL friends playing the game too. But when you do join a guild I think it's for the benefit of socializing.

killamch89

Regular
@Annejk18
No, you're right. You don't need a guild, especially if you have IRL friends playing the game too. But when you do join a guild I think it's for the benefit of socializing.
And being troublemakers together. There is nothing like trolling rival players with your guild lol

xyrene

Regular
I think that playing solo is something that I would prefer over a guild, because I prefer one-player games.

Virtuden

Regular
I honestly think it's good to at least offer a possibility to go to raids and dungeons without needing a guild. People who really want to get "better" at it will end up in a guild anyways for coordination reasons (among many, many other reasons).

Also, guilds don't serve a mechanical function only, they are also spaces to socialize, know people and share experiences. So I don't think no one "needs" to be in a guild, but that is not necessarily bad, there are still many reasons for "wanting" to be in one.

noplewyb

Regular
Yes, I do think we need a guild in World of Warcraft now. If you want to know how to find a WoW guild in-game, here are some ways:

1. In-game guild finder tool
2.Guilds advertising in trade chat
3. Advertise in trade chat yourself
4. Accept the random invite that pops up
5. Find a guild in Blizzard forums
6. Use the wowguilds subreddit
7. Ask players on your server about their guild
8. Start your own guild