Your opinion of Team Builder?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by rightct, Jul 31, 2015.

1. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

I know I'm quite of a Slowpoke since I'm asking this question, but I am just curious, as I haven't found any question to Team Builder in this forum, what do you think of Team Builder? I personally find it a nice addition to the game with a lot of potential to further development. What I dislike the most, is that they can't find a way to implement it in Ranked queues as well. I very well know the reason behind their choice of not putting it there as well, but... I'm sure that they can twist it some way to make it feasible there as well.

2. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

No one plays team builder where I'm from so I have to wait 15 minutes for a game so no thanks. Although it is a very good idea in theory since LoL gamers should know about the proper roles.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it's a great feature and I don't even play normal games anymore when I want to try out a new champion. It's always good to be able to pick whatever champion/role you want, and the queue times aren't that bad.

4. rightct

In fact, I tend to agree with thecorinthian here... queue waiting times are indeed bad. Quite bad, actually, especially if you want to play popular lanes like mid and top.

5. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I loved team builder when it first came out (NA) but ever since then it's been laggy, slow to load games, and ultimately you find more trolls inside of it. They needed to make this the only way TO launch into games, so it forced people to use it. It's not an idea you just can 'chuck out there' and hope works. Ain't gunna happen that way. It needed some serious dedication and planning.

6. rightct

I feel like they rushed to release it. They were overly-enthusiastic. Most of people just go back to the normal queues. Chances are, you'll encounter less trolls. xD

7. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Well, it takes like ages to do a match with team builder as everyone apprently wants to go mid/top or sometimes even adc as these are the easiest lanes and none quants basically jungle/supp.

8. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Very true. It takes forever since people are like "I CAN MID" so I go into Teambuilder games assuming I'll be a tank or support or a role that may force me a quick queue.

9. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's alright, we need more supports to queue up. I always get support in actual games so I don't see the need to guarantee my position by doing TB, it is nice when I really wanna play ADC though cause I usually go vayne and they cant try to counter me this way XD

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

On what server are you playing? Here in EUNE it usually takes me up to 5 minutes to find a queue when I play Mid or Top, and 2-3 to find the other players and start the game. If I make my own team it's even faster.

11. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I'm on NA and the queue timers aren't that bad, but I wouldn't use TB without a set of individuals on a headset VOIP (Like Skype, GSC, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, etc)

12. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Team Builder is an overall nice addition to the game, but quite unnecessary at the same time. I feel as though they've only implemented this feature to not have to deal with trolls in those normal queues. It's alright, but you don't see trolls that often so in my opinion it's just not that welcome. I usually just play in the normal queues, but lately have been interested into going ranked as well, haha.