Your favorite anime series!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by mwin43587, Jun 6, 2015.

1. mwin43587

mwin43587 Well-Known Member

I'd like to know what anime are you currently watching or have already watched! and of course your favorite one! :)

2. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member
    Regular

My two favorites are definitely Soul Eater and Trigun! They were really great and kept me on edge every once in awhile.

3. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

Unfortunately, no current year anime catches my eye. I find everything utterly boring. A few anime I really enjoyed were:

- Macross Frontier
    - Ah! Megami Sama series
    - Great Teacher Onizuka
    - Kamichu!

4. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have too many favorite anime series to tell but my most favorite anime is Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

5. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

There's a lot of great anime out there. But I don't think I have one favorite in particular. I have a friend who seems to enjoy every single type of anime, so it's pretty hard to decide.

6. kabezon

kabezon Member

Cowboy Bebop is my all time favorite. Saikano was great. Elfen Lied, Welcome to the NHK etc. And of course DBZ. If you were born between 85-95 there's no way you don't like DBZ.

7. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

Attack on Titan is my current favorite but I grew up watching Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon. Thinking about those series makes me nostalgic.

8. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

My favourite anime series are:

1. One Piece
    2. Fushigi Yuugi
    3. Flame of Recca
    4. Ghost Fighter
    5. Doraemon
    6. Mojacko
    7. Paradise Kiss
    8. Fruits Basket
    9. Ranma 1/2
    10. Knockout
    11. Pokemon
    12. Digimon

9. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member
    Regular

I enjoyed Full Metal Alchemist so much! I'm also a huge fan of Dragon Ball / DBZ and Ranma 1/2.

10. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice
    Regular

Kara no Kyoukai, without a doubt. Stunning animation, well done characters, enough action to keep me occupied, and a fantastic female lead make this anime a 10/10 for me. As for what I'm currently watching, I'm making my way through both ZZ Gundam and Legend of the Galactic Heroes, both of which are long enough to keep me occupied for quite some time.

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like dragonball although I'm not as much of a diehard fan of it as most fans I've come across. Most of the anime I like are the ones that were shown and dubbed in my local language like YuYu Hakusho and a few others, which I know would be considered a bit too mainstream by some of the more hardcore fans but I find it charming nonetheless and I wouldn't mind rewatching them now if I only had the time.

12. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

If we're talking about of all time, I'd have to say my top 5 (NOT in order) are...

1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    2. Cowboy Bebop
    3. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    4. FLCL
    5. Gangsta

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not the biggest anime watcher, but I did enjoy Mirai Nikki, Full Metal Alchimist and One Piece. Loved them!

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Full metal alchemist is great. I think it's another one of those that appeal more to "casuals" which is probably why we found it entertaining, speaking as someone who isn't hardcore anime can as well. I lost interest by the time the sequel came along though.

15. Player7

Player7 Active Member
    Regular

Cowboy Bebop is just genious. Being able to create an amazing series with a jazzy soundtrack, something that I hadn't seen before on anime shows. And a new way to represent a Space Opera, a musct watch. Regarding new shows though, I think One Punch Man was good because it represented an atypical hero having some existential dilemmas yet being kind in nature almost as Vash from Trigun. All the series you've mentioned are enjoyable too!

16. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Haven't watched anime since I was a kid so I'll probably say something like Digimon. Would definitely like to get back into it, as I've heard some amazing stuff about the genre, but there are only so much hours in the day :(

17. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

Fruits Basket
    Chobits
    Sailor Moon
    Vocaloid (mostly in little clips that my daughter finds)
    Black Butler

daredevil likes this.
  18. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh, how can I forget Sailor Moon? It's like every teen girl's anime "jam." Lol. Hahahaha. Sadly, today, I can't find an anime that is especially for a girl. Mostly, anime series are catered for boys like Naruto and One Piece.

Oh yeah, I also forgot about Cardcaptor Sakura, another girly anime. Brings back memories...

19. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'll have to check out Cardcaptor! My teenager is big into anime/manga, so by proxy I'm attached. :) She gets annoyed by the very "boy driven" anime, which is all boobs and stuff.

Oh.......Kiki's Delivery Service. Pretty much anything Studio Ghibli, really-- those are some of her faves as well. Pokemon is still around, it was her very very first anime experience. She's plotting a dorm room with her BFF when they go to art school, they're going to have these big round Totoro and Snorlax beds, and floor-to-ceiling manga murals that they'll draw on their own. :)

20. Ridge

Ridge Active Member
    Regular

I don't watch anywhere near as much anime as I used to. My favorites in the past few years have been Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online. I'm aware this answer makes me a shit anime fan...