Will the Wii U ever have a controller?

Discussion in 'Wii U' started by FuZyOn, Sep 20, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

At the moment the Wii U has a unique feature when it comes to controllers: there isn't one! The console uses movement control and touchscreen for the games, but will they implement one in the future?

2. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member
    Regular

They should do if they really want sales

3. TheRedCap

TheRedCap Active Member
    Regular

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. The Wii U has more controller options then any other console really. There is the touchpad, which is not just touch and motion but relies heavily on the joysticks and buttons. Aside from that, there is the option for Wii U pro controllers, which are basically just Xbox remotes, Gamecube controllers, Wii remotes and nunchucks, 3rd Party pro remotes, fighting sticks, heck even your 3DS can be used as a remote! And on top of that, most games give you a lot of options on what controller you want to use as well as which players will use which controllers.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm aware of that, but I was talking about Nintendo trying to get closer to the console side of gaming. They always liked to stay unique, I was asking if we will maybe see a Wii U 2 with a designated controller, although I agree it's cool you can use other gaming devices as remotes.