Why is the game so buggy?

Discussion in 'Fortnite Battle Royale' started by serbog, Jan 28, 2018.

1. serbog

serbog Active Member
    Regular

I've been playing this game for a while and while there aren't that much bugs in game (at least I haven't seen any gamebreaking bugs that much), there are a lot of bugs with the lobby and friends system. A lot of the time you see your friends offline, even though they are online. Inviting them to a game is a really drag too because half of the time you can't join your friends lobby. Is this happening to everyone or is it just me? Are there any plans on fixing it in the near future?

2. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that part is kind of buggy in the PUBG too. I have seen that happening. This could be depending ont he communication protocol they are using for chat. So that is another thing that may be having issues. I hope they get fixed. I have seen few other bugs with fortnite too. But nothing much of a biggy.

3. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Except from the stuttering that I mentioned in another thread ( which is more of a technical issue than a bug ), I haven't encountered many bugs. PUBG is worse in that aspect imo.

4. serbog

serbog Active Member
    Regular

That stuttering is really making me lose my nerves these past couple of days. It gets worse and worse with time and even though the fps counter says something like 100 fps, the game seems way below 40. I will wait for a fix or something to come out so I can play the game.

5. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think PUBG has another issue. There are some of the chinese hackers who auto kill the users in the game. Which pretty much ends the game even before you do anything serious. so not a bug but painful games these days. so fortnite is still good.

6. kingcool52

kingcool52 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's not just that as well, there are quite a few problems with other aspects of the game as well at the moment. Building is extremely buggy at the moment and chances are the game will end up building something totally different to what you wanted. A lot of people are reporting that floors are being built instead of walls which can be awful if you are in the middle of a fight. There is a lot of lag and stuttering as well. Hopefully it can get fixed soon.

7. serbog

serbog Active Member
    Regular

Fortnite also has some hackers in the game. I have seen a few but Epic Games is doing a good job of banning them all. There are also many videos online of these hackers if you want to see what they are doing. So it's not just PUBG.

8. kingcool52

kingcool52 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah. I have never come across any because I'm on the PlayStation 4 and I am yet to even hear of a report of hackers on console. But PC will have its good share of hackers although Epic seem to be doing a good job of getting rid of them like you said.

Epic did announce today that they are delaying their latest patch to ensure that they can fix all the bugs in the game right now so we should be expecting a almost-bugless game very soon.

9. saniamirzatennis

Regular

Don't forget t update your game whenever they announce an update. There could be some problem with the protocol. The game is almost bug-free. If you still face any problem then you should report it to their support and help section.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well I am usually not excited to hear about delays but in some cases you just hope that they work all the bugs out and it is okay in the end, which I am willing to bet happens here.

11. serbog

serbog Active Member
    Regular

You can't play if you haven't got the game updated, it doesn't work that way. You must have the newest patch to play the game. I have got a new problem with stuttering even though I have around 100 fps.

12. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've experienced a lot of bug while playing the game lately. Because of this, my patience for this game gets smaller and smaller but I know that the game developers are trying hard to fix the issues for us to play without any bugs or problems.

13. pmk1996

pmk1996 Active Member
    Regular

I haven't come across any bugs.

14. Albert Bryant

Albert Bryant Well-Known Member
    Regular

Because the game is good and epic games are doing many updates to fix all bugs

15. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler Well-Known Member
    Regular

True again.