Why can you play every race except Imperial?

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online' started by bluerim, Aug 1, 2013.

1. bluerim

bluerim Well-Known Member

Imperial is my favorite race, but for some reason its the only one you can't play in the elder scrolls online? what is the reason for this?

2. redmoon

redmoon Well-Known Member

Likely because the Imperials hail from Cyrodiil. Because Cyrodiil is the main territory being fought over by the three alliances, it makes sense for the developers to leave them out as playable characters, and also gives them the opportunity to use the race as a plot device in the main story of the game. Also, having nine playable races allows for three races for each of the three playable alliances, leaving everything nice and even. Having imperials would throw a wrench in that work. So considering the circumstances, it makes the most sense to just leave them out of the race selection

3. rocketwar

rocketwar Well-Known Member

completely disagree with leaving a race out of the game for convenience. I'm sure they could put their heads together and find a way to add Imperials to the game. I mean shit all it makes me think is that they are lazy, the game, in my opinion, is already to far from the Elder Scrolls Formula already.

BUT! Hey they aren't going to see this or change shit because I expected something else out of my Elder Scrolls Multiplayer experience

4. Bubblebee

Bubblebee Well-Known Member

The Imperials are still developing as a unique race at this point. They exist as descendents of the freed Nede slaves (ancient Nords) who revolted against the Ayleids creating the Alessian and then Reman dynasties. Then, settling Nords during ESO's time combined with these people to create the foundation for what would become the modern Imperial race. So, essentially, you are dealing with an earlier version of Imperials, like the Franks compared to the modern French.​