Quantcast

Who remembers Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by lindbergh, Nov 12, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

Remember the Final Fantasy fighting game Ehrgeiz that pit FF7 characters against each other? It's actually one of the earliest fighting games that I have played on the PS 1 and I liked it. It was very unique and definitely different from other fighting games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. Anybody else play this game?

2. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

I remember this game fondly (and still have my PS1 disc for it). People don't realize this game was actually a Namco/ Square joint project. That's why the character named Godhand has the Mishima named attached to him. Not to mention Namco handled the arcade version of the game.

It's a shame a sequel was never made though.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I never heard of the game back then I was very young and I was not really into those types of games back then I didn't try my 1st FF game until much later which was FF X.

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Hardly anyones played it but I thought it was quite good overall. I mostly played it because of the inclusion of Vincent and the rest of FF7. Otherwise I wouldn't have even heard of it.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

I never played Ehrgeiz, but I might get it. I collect fighting games and RPGs, so this being a fighting game with Final Fantasy VII characters in it is very appealing. I do go back to old consoles, and I still collect for them, so graphics aren't really an issue for me. I'd like to actually use Tifa's punching and kicking to my advantage. I know that there are other characters in Ehrgeiz, but it's obviously a major appeal that Cloud, Tifa, and Sephiroth are in it as well.

6. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I think I got this game in a bundle pack along with Tobal and Power Stone back in the day. It was a fun game, and I didn't realize it was connected to Final Fantasy until I got my hands on FF7 and actually recognized the characters there.

7. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

Lol, me too! Actually, I first played Ehrgeiz before I played Final Fantasy VII so at first, I thought that they made an RPG out of a fighting game. Haha! It was truly a fun game for its time, even though the controls were a bit loose and the button presses for the moves were the same for all the characters.