Quantcast

Who is the coolest character in an RPG?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by lindbergh, Oct 9, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

I've always idolized Squall of Final Fantasy 8. I consider him to be the coolest character in an RPG game. He is silent, doesn't talk much, and always seems to be serious always. His looks are killer too. I think a lot of chicks would dig this guy. Also, he wields one of the coolest weapons in RPG history - the gunblade.
    [​IMG]
    Who's do you think is the coolest character in an RPG?

2. xXPandosXx

xXPandosXx Well-Known Member

For me, the coolest character is Auron from FFX. Dunno what it is about him, the way he uses his sword, they mystery in his words or his clothing, but I find him really qool. The swords he is using look pretty badass too.

3. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

Auron was exactly who came to my mind when I read the topic title, but now I feel like I can't just give that answer :)
    So my vote will go for Oghren in Dragon Age, he took the stereotypical drunken angry dwarf stereotype to a whole new level :)

4. drkn335

drkn335 Well-Known Member

I recently finished the Ninja Gaiden series for the Xbox, and I really like the main character Ryu. You get to see clips which form the story, and he is just so cool and detached and he deals with everything as though it's nothing, and he is one hell of a ninja haha! He is probably the best character I have seen so far.

5. lindbergh

Dude, as cool as Ryu is with all his moves and stuff, Ninja Gaiden is not an RPG. The Ninja Gaiden series is considered to be a game under the action/adventure genre. Maybe you've played some RPG games before? Like Fable perhaps? Or maybe Final Fantasy?

6. admatha

admatha Member

Thrall. His story is ridiculously long and can be found here, but the short version is: he's amazing. Raised as a slave, he became the first new shaman since the corruption, fought over and over to give the orcs a new start, won and lost and saved friends throughout... he was proud of who he was without being vicious, intelligent without being afraid of using force if necessary. He was a natural leader. I loved the character so much that I became a devoted Horde player from the time I read of him. In fact I loved Thrall's story and the orc race so much that the beginning of the end of my love of WoW began with Cata. Bad enough when he let Garrosh tag along and act like a complete ass. Bad enough he basically lost a fight to Garrosh (whom he should have been able to cream without lifting a finger), worse when he actually let Garrosh get away with killing Cairne... but to hand over the Horde to him after all that? I could have understood him leaving. I could have understood him leaving if he'd left the Horde - and my beloved Orgrimmar - in any other hands except Garrosh's. As it was, it felt like the most extreme case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater I'd ever seen.

7. Farseer

Farseer Member

If you include Borderlands 2 under the RPG section, I'd say Zero - he has the most awesome appearance, and the Haikus! Oh the Haikus!
    "Your eyes deceive you
    An illusion fools you all
    I move for the kill"

Or

"What was that thing that
    Just went under my tires?
    Was that thing alive?"

8. drkn335

I know it isn't an RPG so maybe my post was inappropriate, but he is still an awesome character. I have played many RPG's like Final Fantasy, and one of my favourite characters in those games at the moment is Devil Jin from Tekken 6, he is pretty cool.

9. Teemo

Teemo Well-Known Member Regular

Momo from Breath of fire 3. She seems lost in her own world and has some really fun quotes in the game. Plus she is pretty overpowered :D

10. Oakster

Wait, did my mind melt or did you say Tekken 6 is an RPG in the Final Fantasy series?

lindbergh likes this.
  11. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

When I was a kid I liked Duke Nukem a lot, but as I grew older I couldn't stand the guy now I like most the Organization member from the Kingdom Hearts franchise I like them because they are mysterious.

12. drkn335

No I did not say that!! I meant Tekken is like FF i that they are martial arts games! Fighting style is the same!

13. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

My top pick is definitely Kreia from Knights of the Old Republic 2. She's probably the most interesting character I've ever seen and it's a real shame that Obsidian got pushed for a Christmas release because she deserved a better ending than that :(. There's definitely more powerful characters out there but no character has ever made me shake in excitement whenever they talk.

14. lindbergh

Lol. I find you to be extremely funny man. I like you. But Final Fantasy is not really a martial arts game. Most of the FF games are turn based with the exception of FFXI and FFXIV. I think you are more of a fan of action, adventure games and fighting games. I like Devil Jin too but he's not an RPG character. :D

15. Oakster

Glad someone agrees with me in the confusion here :)
    Either he is confusing Final Fantasy with Final Fight or he is just confused on the genre names, that's more likely.
    In any case, I also like Devil Jin :)

16. drkn335

Excuse me, but it is 'she'! Damn, why am I always mixed up for a guy on RPG forums and games! So annoying :(

17. Oakster

Sorry about that, but the username didn't give me any clues to go on and I had to make a guess and went for the one that was statistically more likely :)

18. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

For me the coolest character in an RPG is Shepard from Mass Effect. It's one of the most complex characters ever created with a great life story, cool attitude and looks, and the only man that can ultimately save the planet from an alien invasion.
    [​IMG]

19. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Well-Known Member

Professor Oak from Pokemon games. It takes a special kind of cool to forget your grandson's name. :D

20. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou Well-Known Member

It's cliche, but I don't think there will ever be a villain as bad ass as Sephiroth. Hands down.