Quantcast

Who’s your favorite DA character?

Discussion in 'Dragon Age' started by RMCMage, Sep 1, 2013.

1. queenbee

queenbee Well-Known Member

Hmm, Morrigan or Isabela. And if we're talking "who would you rather know in real life/be friends with", definitely Isabela. As much as I love Morrigan and would listen to her just speaking (Claudia Black's voice is amazing) for the rest of my life, Morrigan is terrifying. I don't blame her at all for being the way she is (in fact, I share her selfishness/secretiveness), it's a smart way to live... but I don't think I could ever trust her.

Isabela on the other hand is just a wonderful character. She is so comfortable with herself, is understanding, a tonne of fun, no-nonsense, strong, and non-judgemental. A lot of what she says is surprisingly insightful (for a person who pretends she is otherwise).

2. ariana_

ariana_ Active Member

I like my main characters the best as I spend a lot of time customizing and developing their backstories. Other than that Alistair.

3. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

Ok, if we're going by each game, it'll be hard for me to choose JUST one.

Dragon Age: Origins:
    All of my party...Except Loghain. I never recruited him, never liked him. Before you ask, yes, I HAVE read Stolen Throne. Guess what? Made me hate him all the more. He let his reasonable comptant for the Orlesians bowl over into conspiracy theories.

Dragon Age: Awakening: Again, all of them. Even Velanna. Love when Nate messes with. ;) (Even though I HATE her contradictions!)

Dragon Age II: Everyone EXCEPT Carver and Anders. I can't say much for Tallis and Sebastian because I never got the DLCs.

4. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I also like Oghren. He is so funny. I also bring him too when I'm going to journey.

5. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

Morrigan, she is a bitch, but I love her xD and her mother is very cool too. But there are many other characters that I like, as you were saying, Oghren is really funny, he makes me laught a lot with some conversations. And Alistair, Duncan, Varric, Cassandra...And my grey warden and inquisitor, of course! Dragon Age has really good characters, very well developed.

6. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

Out of the three games, I liked Oghren the most, because he is so funny. A close second contender is Blackwall in DA:I, because his personal story is quite interesting.

7. Lucas

Lucas Active Member Regular

I don't have favourite character at Dragon Age. I think they are all the best. I was always talking with them while playing and checking their reactions.. I really liked Morrigan tho and her sarcasm ;)

8. Owl

Owl Member

Fenris is very close to my heart but I do love Dorian, Iron Bull and Zevran. I love all of the characters, though, there aren't really any I'm not a big fan of.

9. RakRak

RakRak Member

I love Morrigan's dark and often mean humor. The conversations between her and Alistair are some of my favorite in the game.

10. Maeve

Maeve Member

Steve Valentine did Alistair's voice. I knew him from some TV series and he really did an amazing job with Alistair. Oh, I forgot to mention Alistair is my favourite DA:O character. In DA2 there wasn't any character that particularly stood out for me. As for DA:I I'd have to say Dorian is my favourite. Whoever wrote him deserves a raise. He felt so real and human!

11. guruproto

guruproto Active Member Regular

My favorite is Cole, from Inquisition. He was such a complex character; he was wise, but had a childlike naivety. His innocent charm and insightful conversations was the reason I kept him in my party the entire game. He was the only character that could provide insight into the mental and emotional conflicts of all the other characters. My favorite conversation partners for him were Iron Bull and Dorian. Without Cole, I would not have discovered Dorian's complex feelings towards his father or Iron Bull's fear of demons (that is, not until later in the game). I love Cole to death and would love to see him in future iterations of Dragon Age.

12. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

I liked Sera quite a bit. I don't really know why, just something about her quick snap and pop manner of speech endeared her to me. Cole was also such a sweetie. Freaked me out a little at times, but I liked him all the same.

13. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

Damn, I thought I was the only one that had a crush on him. I practically started to giggle like crazy when he gave me the rose and my brother thought I had somehow gotten into his stash or something. Then again, British accents have always been a weakness of mine...

14. shadejb

shadejb Well-Known Member Regular

My favorite has to be Shale. A sassy stone golem is something any party should have, and the way she refers to the Warden as "it" is hilarious. It's such a shame that she's utilized so little, but it is to this day one of my favorite DLCs.

15. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Leliana from the first Dragon Age. She was just lovely, I loved her story. Morrigan is another very interesting character from the same game, but I was more keen on Leliana.
    I didn't care about the characters and the story at all in Inquisition so that's why I'm being specific. :p

16. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

For me it will have to be Alistair and Cullen. They are alike in some ways. I suppose You can say that's the type I like! Fenris was okay too however I never liked Anders much. Other than Cullen, I never liked much of the Inquisition characters much. Dorian was okay but apart from that not really.

17. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member Regular

My favourite character is Morrigan From the DAO. I really liked her no-nonsense, borderline nihilistic worldview and how, under the stone cold exterior she hid a sweet, lonely self who needed someone to truly take care of her. Her hunger for power annoyed the hell out of me, though.

18. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member Regular

Out of all of the Dragon Age games I would say that my favorites have to be Dorian, Sera and Varric. I think I like them the most because they are the comic relief out of all of the characters, especially Sera. Plus I love the tavern song "Sera was never". It is definitely my favorite out of all of the tavern songs in Inquisition.