Where do you play it?

Discussion in 'Dungeons and Dragons Online' started by Zimbitt, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hey Im looking to get into this, where do you guys download it and play it? Is it worth it for me to solo dive into it and will I find people to play with and get a good group started or how does it work?

2. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

www.ddo.com is the official site, you can download it there. In my opinion, DDO is one of the most solo-friendly games out there. Every quest/dungeon has a difficulty setting and also each dungeon scales with the number of players in the group. So you can descrease the difficulty if you have problems. Also, there are NPCs you can hire. If you play a melee class like a fighter, you can hire a cleric to heal you.

3. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Dope Im gonna check it out.

4. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I had a calculus teacher who played the dungeon and dragons board game. He said he and his friends were kicked out a library for playing too loud.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Have you tried it yet? If yes, how do you like it? I want to get back into playing it soon, it would be cool if we could play together (and all of the players around this forum as well).

6. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member
    Regular

We used to play it, and create our own quests at the house with just dice and sheets of paper to keep track of stats. The online game is pretty rad though. I'd like to see a good D&D movie series come out.

7. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

There seem to be replies here about the board game and tabletop play, but not any real responses to the actual topic.

So here goes. D&D online can be gotten at www ddo com, and as for where to play it? Anywhere you have it installed on a desktop or laptop computer. It is free to play and you can jump in on your own or find friends in game to play with. It works pretty much like any other MMO. I hope this answers some of the OP's questions.

8. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

They do make it pretty easy when youu can just go to the site and get started right from there, and that is better than most. I hope that you have come to enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

9. Winteruz

Winteruz Member

Join ddo, I highly recommend it

10. Z-wall

Z-wall Well-Known Member
    Regular

Everywhere :D

11. Sweeriebanana

Sweeriebanana Active Member
    Regular

Did
    Did you manage to find some people to play along with? I am also interested but uwiI w have to download the game, I just read an easy way to go about it.