Quantcast

When will we see the sequel?

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda' started by Zombie Lad, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

Twilight Princess was an alright game, wouldn't even say it was close to being the best, but it was good. Now that I have the Wii U ( :( ) I'm worrying that I wont be getting any good games for the time being. I know there's going to be a new Zelda anytime now, I just can't wait any longer. The Legend of Zelda Wii U is supposed to come out sometime in 2014, but why so darn late? It seems like the Wii U needs a massive hit now and The Legend of Zelda Wii U could be that hit title to do it.

2. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

I guess they don't want it to be rushed, and I wouldn't want a game to feel rushed either. If they are bringing out quite late, it usually means that it's mostly bug free and and packed with loads of features.

3. Nickey22

Nickey22 Active Member

I think it will land sometime late 2014, maybe around the Holiday season. It may seem a little late for the Wii U, but I believe Nintendo rushed the Wii U to begin with. They could of released it 2014 around the release of the new Zelda and maybe upgrade the system to better compete with Xbox One and PS4.

Nintendo right now, isn't doing so hot, and Zelda is that hot franchise that needs to revive them as soon as possible, and with it coming out in 2014, it doesn't sound too good for them. Also you have to look at the fact that many of their hit titles wont be coming out until sometime in 2014. Will we see the next Zelda, yes, but I don't know how long we'll see the Wii U. Nintendo needs to do something fast.

4. Cookiedough18

Cookiedough18 Member

No no don't rush it haha. The nintendo games are all a bit slow right now. Im not sure loz is on the top of the list of developed games right now. The wii u is flopping a bit, no one has caught on yet. It's sad.

5. nimrodel

nimrodel Member

Heres he latest news that I can find. As for delays, I don't mind as long as they get the game right. One bad launch and they can kiss goodbye to any success with the competition around these days.

http://www.shopto.net/microsite/zelda_wind_waker

6. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

I think it will take some time. You mention Twilight Princess but have you played Skyward Sword too?

7. loserman778

loserman778 Member

I just hope in the next Zelda game it will be a bit more serious and dark, similar to Twilight Princess. I think it would be a great experience to play in a darker world then a world like in Wind waker.

8. jardantuan

jardantuan Active Member

While it's impossible to say without some insider knowledge, I'd say it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that we might get some sort of reveal at E3 next year.

Think about it: the Xbox One and PS4 will have had 6 months to do their thing, and they'll finally have some games to show off. Nintendo are going to need to bring something to E3 to really push the Wii U. 3D Mario and Mario Kart will have both been released by this point, along with a number of other big-name games, so where can they go? Obviously we'll get more information on Super Smash Brothers, but besides that?

The Legend of Zelda and Metroid are two of the few franchises that haven't had any time in the spotlight since the Wii U came out (Wind Waker HD did happen, but nothing in terms of new games), so I'd be surprised if they didn't showcase whatever they've been working on with those.

As for the game itself, we know next to nothing, other than the fact that they're trying to think outside the box and change the way the game is played. Beyond that cryptic little tidbit? Nothing. Hopefully they go down the route that they did for the tech demo when the Wii U was revealed; a Zelda game that looks like that would make a lot of people go out and buy a Wii U.

9. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Well-Known Member

I think Zelda games are always system sellers, whether it's for the portable systems or the consoles. It seems odd that there hasn't been too much information on this yet, but maybe Nintendo's playing their cards close. They didn't seem to reveal too much about Super Mario 3D World then, all of a sudden, it was released and it's a great game. They might do the same thing with this one.

10. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I don't own a Wii U, but their is no telling when or if their will be a sequel, but if their is one I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon maybe by the end of this year or maybe next year would be my guess.

11. NeroFerk

NeroFerk Well-Known Member

Do not rush it my child. LoZ needs time to be made a great game. I mean what LoZ game on the Nintendo products were failures? None that is how many.

12. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't think the new Zelda Wii U is going to be out this year. For a new Zelda game for non-handheld consoles (Gamecube, Wii, Wii U), they will usually be promoting or hyping it for quite some time before finally releasing the game. There will be trailers, there will be interviews with the developers, there will be delays, and then finally there's the release date that everyone is waiting for. As of right now, we don't even get the first trailer yet!

13. CeliVega

You know, I am thinking they might release a teaser or trailer in the upcoming E3 next month. One can hope, right? >_>
    New Zelda is always welcomed. Plus Zelda and Sheik are now separate characters in Smah Bros! I may be thinking too much, but wouldn't it be nice if that's a little tease that the upcoming game will be having Sheik again?
    I want to play as Sheik in a main Zelda title!

14. beki

beki Active Member

Zelda is one game that works for so many you just can not help to be impatient about it. I have a sister who is 17 years older than me and she still loves the game (any of them). I have actually seen her take a controller from her grandkids hand just so she could play. The wait should be fine and I an excited about it too.

15. CeliVega

Grand....kids?!
    Well considering there's 17 years old gap it is possible......
    But it's great hearing about how the Zelda series is so well-loved even from different age groups!
    Let's see......we got Young Link and Adult Link......maybe Nintendo can try for a Middle Aged Link or Old Link to spice things up :p