When did you start playing WoW?

Klank

I started playing about 5 years ago, but never bought anything to support it, so once my free trial was up, I didn't play again for another 3 years.

Liam H

I bought WoW and all the expansions digitally 2 times, due to my account being hacked and me not being able to retrieve it. I believe I started out with one of those 7 day trials!

Strykstar

Regular
I bought WoW and all the expansions digitally 2 times, due to my account being hacked and me not being able to retrieve it. I believe I started out with one of those 7 day trials!

That's terrible to hear, did you lose a lot of stuff or was it a young account?
Was Blizzard no help at all? I always hear stories about them restoring characters and items...

amig0enemig0

I started playing World of Warcraft around 4 years ago at a friends house. The first time i played it i was like "meh its okay" but then i started getting into like a trance and boom, i was addicted haha. I was in awe the first time i played it, just seeing all the players and how huge the world was.

troutski

Regular
That's terrible to hear, did you lose a lot of stuff or was it a young account?
Was Blizzard no help at all? I always hear stories about them restoring characters and items...

In some cases, Blizzard isn't always as helpful as the consensus would have you believe. It's a great company, but the occasional horror story does pop up. :confused:

MrHurricane89

I started playing in Autumn of 2007 on private servers, but after Christmas in that year I gave that up and bought the real game. Played for a while, but stopped a bit before Cataclysm. Re-subbed a few times to try the newer expansions, currently I am playing WoD and enjoying it.