Quantcast

What's your favorite town in an RPG game? Why?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by sidd230, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

Hmph, he kept referring to the Nerevarine as male when the one in my game was a female Redguard. Now I have to go back in Morrowind and kill him again for that racist and sexist remark. That and he made my current character have tentacles come out of her eyes during one of his "experiments"...

2. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, he is one crazy dude. That`s what I kind like about him. As for calling your Nerevarine male, he probably partook in those mushrooms he keeps growing in his backyard. :D

3. SereneAngel88

Well, I can always help clean his stomach clean from those mushrooms so he'll think straight.

And when I say clean, I mean gut him out like a slaughterfish with my trusty Blades sword (that I wish was a Daedric Dai-Katana...one of the many weapons I miss in Morrowind)

4. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

You can always mod that weapon into Morrowind. (I think there is a mod for that). But I think the best way of executing him, is somehow convincing him to use those jump scrolls that that guy had, who launched himself into the air, only to land at your feet, becoming spaghetti sauce. :D

5. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

My favorite is Hong Kong in Deus Ex 1. You can get lost easily the first time and in this case it's a pretty good thing. Not to mention the kick ass music.

6. lateflip

lateflip Member Regular

My favorite town from any RPG game would have to be Lumbridge from Runescape. Lumbridge is my favorite town because of the nostalgia I get from playing Runescape as a child every time I visit it or even read the name.
    Another town would have to be Pallet town from Pokemon Red. Visiting these towns never fails to reignite a spark in me to play the game again.

7. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member Regular

Orgrimmar in WoW for all the Horde rustle and bustle. The huge armaments and grandeur of the whole city is awesome. Also Solitude in Skyrim. The whole city feels like
    one big castle with the cool Imperial emblems.

8. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Is saying Neverwinter from Neverwinter Nights cheating? If not, that's my favorite. I'm a huge fan of D&D and I've never been able to explore such a huge city in game sessions so it was really fun seeing all that lore come alive. Wish they'd release Neverwinter Nights 3...

9. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member Regular

Been a long time since I last played Skyrim, but I just can't get my mind off of that place where the soldier says how he took an arrow to the knee, and which later became an ever-lasting meme!

10. SereneAngel88

That would be my second favorite city, though I also enjoyed Paris as well. I kind of wish they would remake Deus Ex so they cities would look more immersive but they would have to keep the same music from the original so I could have that same feeling when I first played the game.

11. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

As is mostly the case with remakes, it would probably be inferior to the original. But seeing it in a modern engine would be interesting indeed.

12. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member Regular

Nolun Village and Palm Brinks from Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle respectively mainly because I find the music really relaxing.

Stormwind impressed me when I first took the plunge in to WoW. When I saw how busy the main plaza was whenever I logged on it really hammered home to me that I was really part of a virtual world

13. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Probably Lindblum from Final Fantasy IX. It was the first truly huge town I ever visited in an RPG, and the majority of it is well-designed and interesting. There's so much to do and so many places to see. Managed to make even Midgar seem kinda small to me, though in fairness I picture Midgar as a string of locations rather than a complete city.

I've always been partial to Threed from EarthBound, as well. Though only during the zombie invasion. That whole section of the plot is probably my favourite part of the game. Once the purple-blue looks disappears and the zombies get driven out Threed is pretty dull.

14. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member Regular

I think mine would be 600 A.D. (If you can call it a town) in Chrono Trigger. The music is so good and the feeling I get from that era is awesome. I love the castle and all the fuzz that's going on there before Magus' battle. Second one would be Fuchsia City in Pokémon RGB, because that's where the safari game is. Imagine that you were a trainer, that's where you'd want to be.

15. RumbarBrook

RumbarBrook Active Member Regular

Daguerro from Final Fantasy IX. It's an intricate library located in a cave on top of a desolate mountain. If I remember correctly, it is a completely optional area to explore. The soft guitar score that plays inside the cave can make anyone feel right at home; it's so peaceful.

16. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member Regular

Anywhere in Hoenn, really. I can't even pick a favourite town from Pokemon Emerald. :D

17. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member Regular

My favorite was Orgrimmar from the World of Warcraft. I also like Markarth from TES V:Skyrim, mainly because of the visual aesthetics of the place.

18. IgCho

IgCho Active Member Regular

Whiterun in Skyrim is probably my favorite. I really dig the viking style inspiration of the buildings and the tiered layout of the city is really interesting. Also the fact that you end up spending so much time there so early in the game probably tipped my hand a bit. I'd also throw in the Citadel from Mass Effect only because the first time you really get to explore it, the level of detail on display was stunning to me at the time.

djskyrim likes this.
  19. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member Regular

I like Whiterun too. But, mainly because its generally sunny or bright there. You look at other cities in Skyrim and they are all either cold or dark or both. Whiterun looks like a place worth living in.

20. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

Nothing will ever compare to the 3 kingdoms & Jeuno in FFXI. I have so many embedded memories in that game, it was my first real mmo and the music is forever implanted in my psyche. I can think of a thousand memories just by remembering the chocobo stalls, the auction houses, etc