Quantcast

What's Your Favorite Pokemon Generation?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by MJAlex, Jun 10, 2015.

1. MJAlex

MJAlex Member

I've been an avid Pokemon player for quite a few generations, and overall have enjoyed the gameplay and added mechanics of each game. However, the second generation will always hold my heart, and not just because Totodile is my favorite Pokemon!

I find that after this generation, the creative for each creature lacked in many different ways. Now, the Pokemon are getting to be ridiculous in my own opinion. The legendaries were great for this one, it added a new type or two which made it more interesting, and the story was unbeatable.
    What's yours and why? Nowadays, there are plenty of generations to choose from!

2. Dame6089

Dame6089 Active Member

I'm with you! Generation 2 is the best. The general vibe of the game is amazing. I love the Japanese feel to all of the towns. It's also amazing that you get to travel to Kanto after the E4.

Krisibelle likes this.
  3. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

I'm quite attached to the second generation on downards. That's not to say I didn't love the third generation! I spent many hours on Ruby! However, the second generation is the one we had for the longest amount of time and so it's the one I'm most familiar with.

Krisibelle likes this.
  4. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

I'm with you guys on the second generation, that one was my favorite as well! I loved everything about it; the Pokemon from that generation, the rival character, the game's map... Plus it got one of the best remakes ever. I loved SS/HG with a passion.

5. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I love the first Generation of Pokemon. I used to know all the 151 Pokemon when I was a kid. Now there are too many Pokemon and I can't name most of them anymore.

6. I've gotta agree with niiro! Things have changed a lot since Gen1 lol

So I guess that's my answer! First generation Pokemon was the bomb. Though there's not been a game I've not enjoyed, the first generation will forever hold a special place in my heart.

7. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

I always feel very nostalgic and attached to the second generation because Ruby was the first Pokemon game I seriously played on my DS. First generation Pokemon graphics and such were too simple for me while third generation I couldn't keep up anymore so yeah second generation seemed like the peak of Pokemon.

8. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

Hmm, I probably keep repeating myself, but in my humble opinion, the best generation by far (judging by Pokemon, gyms, challenge level and end-game) is the fourth generation. It simply was the best one, and I don't think they'll ever get to eclipse its booming success with a new game.

9. OoTWISTERoO

OoTWISTERoO Active Member

I liked the third generation of Pokemon. I've enjoyed playing it the most and my first Pokemon game is a third generation game.

10. CactuarShimmy

CactuarShimmy Member

I'm going to go with Generation V. I adored Generation I and II when I was a kid, but I stopped playing the games after that. I was getting older, and I was starting to go through my snooty, "Man, I'm too cool for kid's stuff" phase. Pokemon Black and White got me back into the series, though, and reignited my love of the games. It was familiar enough to make me feel nostalgic, but it had enough new features to keep my attention and make me feel like I just wasn't playing the same game over again.

11. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member Regular

I love the second generation, but I think my favourite definitely has to be the third. I love the feel of the games so much and all of the Pokemon designs; it's the generation that gives me the most nostalgia! I think it was the generation I enjoyed playing the most.

12. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member Regular

Gen 2 Gold and Silver. Mainly becuase in terms of video games as a whole. It is a near perfect sequel and done everything that a sequel should do. Two Regions made the game larger, 100 additional pokemon, additional mini-games such as Bug Catching Competition was a nice aside and paved the way for stronger minigames in later games. The Day/night cycle was a master-stroke of an idea adjusting the look visually and changing the Pokemon that could be caught and affecting the evolution of some Pokemon.

That and the music is some of the best from the entire series