What do you want to know more about?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by Unknown, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

Obviously we still don't know absolutely everything about the game, so if ArenaNet was too give out more detailed information, on what subject would you like it to be?

2. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Crafting
    All of it, lol. I know theres a good smithing vid out there, but I'd like to know more about the various other crafts and their economic effect. Of course I'd also like to know about the dozens of class skills they've been keeping from us. sigh

3. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

WvWvW and dungeons

Seen tons of demos w/ organized pvp, questing, combat, but no videos of people doing these two game defining processes.

btw: unknown if you got a contact out there be sure and ask if racial abilities are allowed in WvWvW!

4. Unknown

We could definitively use more information on crafting, probably one of the least spoken mechanics about the game.

You could attempt to email arenanet directly and ask :p

I would like to see more on Dungeons.

5. FatCheeseMan

FatCheeseMan Active Member

Does release date count ;)?

Any information would be awesome of course. I can't think of any specific thing I want to know more about over others.

6. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Crafting, dungeons, and WvWvW.

I think that sums up the big things we haven't seen. I wonder if we look at this objectively, can we think of this as a checklist of things that will likely be discussed prior to launch. (might try triangulating a release date here by building the pre-launch checklist)

7. Unknown

I think so too, once we start getting more information on these subjects i think open beta will be in the horizon and an official release date.

8. Delvie

Delvie Well-Known Member

Definitely more info on the above would be welcome.

Only other thing would be Guilds and how they'll work. What we do know about guilds is that your account can belong to multiples and the player chooses which guild to "turn on" (for lack of a better term) when they are playing their characters. I'm very curious how this will work in reality verses their vision because it appears clunky or awkward to me.

A consequence of having to "turn on" a guild is that they are only allowing one guild chat to be open at a time - definitely don't see the point in this limitation. if I belong to a WvWvW guild and a Dungeon guild and my normal guild and a crafting guild and a family guild - I'm going to want to figure out which guild is doing something when I log in, different chat channels/tabs would make that very easy to do.

Another big piece of guild info is can guilds belong to alliances? This is probably most useful in WvWvW. I can see an alliance of certain guilds concentrating on defending our servers lands and another alliance concentrated on attacking and grabbing territories.

Lastly, can guilds level? Is there a reason to level? Will guilds get designable capes? I know that Guild 'castles' and personal housing are slated for an update/expansion. How does the interface for managing guilds work, what kinds of ranking systems are allowed, what happens when the leader no longer logs in, and other guild management tools would also be welcome information.

9. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

these guys should definitively be asked in a interview. I think they said they would release more information later on on guilds. Guilds wont be even having a guild hall in release so that is quite depressing.

10. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would be surprised if they don't bring some of that back. GW1 was so community focused.

11. DonQuitto

DonQuitto Well-Known Member

Dungeons and WVW.

12. Desagidit

Desagidit New Member

WvWvW and release date.
    Some rough timeline would be nice. Only the worst company on the planet wouldn't have one.

13. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

agree... a project with no timeline will never be done. They got something im sure...

only government does "temporary" things with no timeline.

14. Majestic

Majestic Boo

Guild halls should be added soon after the release, i'm guessing in the expansion. I feel like a core part of GW is out of the picture with them not being in release though. :/

Perhaps blizzard is a government agency then? lol
    They likely do have a time line on when they hope to release the game but they don't want to announce it only to come back and tell everybody they will be pushing back the release date leading to further disappointment from the fans.

15. Microasian

Microasian Asian Power

That's the sum of it.. how often do you see company's giving out release dates only to push them further back? They wont tell us till they're 100% positive.