Quantcast

What do you think about remakes?

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda' started by ato2000, Apr 7, 2015.

1. ato2000

ato2000 Member

Do you think that remakes are great for the new generation to experience the good old games, or do you think that Nintendo is just making a lot of money for little work.
    I think that remakes are great and that it's better than having to download ROMs and running them on emulators.

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

It's a little bit of both. They benefit gamers that haven't experienced those games, give gamers that have some nostalgia, and then they make the gaming companies some money in the process.

3. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

The gaming companies are trying to get more money out of the games, but also trying to establish a new appearance for our old favorite nostalgic games. They improve the graphics and allow us to experience the game in a whole new light.

4. Dame6089

Dame6089 Active Member

I am one of the people that really do not mind remakes at all. That is assuming that they are done well. For example, the recent remakes of Zelda games like Ocarina, Wind Waker, and Majora, all keep the game in tact for the most part and just add a visual upgrade and things that make the gameplay smoother such as the faster sailing in Wind Waker.

5. LadyCygnet

LadyCygnet Member

I enjoy remakes if they are done well, too. I also like it when they can bring good writers and artists on board to flesh out the story and the details of the landscape a bit more. It's hard to top the storytelling in many of the Legend of Zelda games, though--I'm especially fond of how WindWaker's story turned out (I'm not a big fan of the art, but that's just me).

6. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member Regular

I don't mind remakes either especially if some of these games are on a console we don't have anymore. I mean how many people do you know still have their N64? I used to play on mine several years ago until the battery part of the N64 just died on me.

7. Gamepreneur

Gamepreneur Well-Known Member Regular

I think that remakes are perfect and allow for a new audience to experience what a lot of the original gamer's experienced when the games first came out and to me, that's amazing.

In addition to that factor, those that are familiar with the game can have a whole new way to enjoy it as usually when they remake a particular game, they usually add things to it, and that in turn means fresh content on a previously loved game. That doesn't happen very often and hence why Final Fantasy 7's remake when it comes out will be one of the best things in my life!

8. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I like remakes. And I agree that they want the new generation to experience the old games and to make the old gen to experience to with a better graphics.

9. dreamocracy

dreamocracy Member

I really like the remakes - I like to play my favorite old games again looking better than ever on systems that I currently play. Of course I could go back and play N64 but mine is dust-covered in storage and my WiiU/3DS are always available to me. I love to see how the graphics improve and how they often change things in the gameplay to make it better like how they made sailing faster in the Windwaker remake, or add new things like the Master Quest in Ocarina of Time 3D. It is a great way for them to introduce some of their best older games to new audiences too.

10. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member Regular

It all depends really, if the person likes them who are we to say? If it allows them to get into this great series that we have grown to love and enjoy then hell im down for it!