What about the Lancer class?

Discussion in 'Tera' started by grinder, Jun 9, 2015.

1. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

What do you think about Lancer class in a PvP and PvE environment? Is it worth it to give it a try? I've heard quite a lot of good infos about it here and there and they all confirm that it is pretty balanced.

2. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

It's not a bad tank class, but most people play it thinking they will be a DPS tank. They use a spear to mitigate better then most do with dodge-rolls and blocking, but they don't take much skill to play properly. They're very good endgame for their simple ability to be a tank/offtank and they're never selected for DPS roles.

They do relatively the same in both mediums (PVE/PVP) since they are a tank class that gets damage reductions or can glyph for extra hate/abilities in PVP. Generally, you'll be the "get the mob's attention" guy while the others beat down on it. If you don't mind that, give it a go. And since Lancer is one of the least played tanks, that almost gives you a guaranteed slot in most groups if you're good at your class as well.

I just couldn't get into them, even after trying. Just wasn't my cup of tea though. I have a Lancer friend and he does fairly well, can tank with the best of them.

3. ToneyWatermeloney

ToneyWatermeloney Active Member
    Regular

I've not tried one myself but I make it a point to always have one in my party, my friends enjoy playing them and it's just a really nice addition tbh. I do think it takes a bit of MMORPG knowledge to play them well, but hey, that could just be me! :)

4. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

They're the stereotypical 'TANK" class in the game. Almost impenetrable block, high aggro generating capabilities and poor base DPS makes it the go-to class for people who want to spearhead a dungeon raid. These guys can solo ANY DUNGEON IN THE GAME. But it'll take time. A LOT OF TIME...

5. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

Interesting.

6. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree.