Fortuna Web browser game, ugh!

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by Nickey22, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Nickey22

Nickey22 Active Member

I have not played Fortuna yet, but usually when a game is meant to play on web browsers I'm a bit hesitant on playing those games. Why? I honestly don't know, it could be because I hate playing on a screen that is taken up by a search bar, or maybe it's because I prefer that full screen feel. Plus I always seem to get lag.

Anyways, is this game any good? I'm willing to overlook the whole browser aspect of it all and would like to try it out soon.

2. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

I don't like playing browser games either as it doesn't utilize your PC's hardware to the full potential and you are usually stuck playing with lazy graphics. I didn't like Runescape almost solely for this reason. If it gets good enough reviews though, I'm willing to give it a shot.

3. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Yeah I tend to agree with the whole browser gaming thing. Only game I really play on the browser is minecraft and that's because it works perfectly fine both ways. As for Fortuna, haven't played it, but It seems to be well received by fans. I might check it out one of these days, but I have too many games to play first before I even consider this one.

4. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

I like browser games. I actually prefer them to full on games. Just me..:cool:

5. NatureSun

NatureSun Well-Known Member

You should really give it another try and try the HTMl5 beta version.

The graphics on RS3 HTML5 are amazing and I'll be surprised if your game can run it on 60fps maxed out settings. Mine certainly can't,

I wouldn't say the graphics are on par with current gen consoles or anything, but they're still pretty darn impressive!

6. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hmm... I'm not necessarily turned off due to the browser based nature, I'm more concerned about how it looks like a generic browser-based online massively-multiplayer strategy game. I need to do more research into this title, and play it for a little longer before making my final conclusions.

7. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler Well-Known Member
    Regular

True.

8. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler Well-Known Member
    Regular

Definitely.

9. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I
    I have never played a browser game, will try some

10. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

They are not amazing but still fun

11. Hova

Hova Well-Known Member
    Regular

The last time I checked out Fortuna was 2018 when DE released news about a possible expansion. I might actually check it out later.