Was there room for post-game content?

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas' started by SereneAngel88, Oct 23, 2015.

1. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

When I heard about New Vegas being made, I was stoked to buy it, especially since they were responsible for creating the franchise. However, I was disappointed that once you beat the game, that was it and I refused to buy it since one of my criteria for games is that I can play after the main story was over. I would never had bought Fallout 3 if it wasn't for Broken Steel and I thought this would be the case, but there were no such DLC for New Vegas and it took a friend giving this game to me as a gift for me to play it.

I'm not here to complain, I just want to know if there was any way Obsidian could have made space for post gameplay without having to alter their ending or not? New Vegas was still fun, but I just wish I could have had the chance to just do the main quest and then screw around doing side quests and other stuff in post game like in all the other games I have in my collection.

2. Nemesysbr

Nemesysbr Member

Yeah, sure. New Vegas was a great game, but it could have been way more ambitious. Not that I blame Obsidian and Betheseda for holding off on bringing the big guns, this is what Fallout 4 is for, after all.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, there was definitely space for more content. New Vegas could have been so much more, but it's still a good game in its own right.

4. LCastle

LCastle Member

Well, that's sorta what mods are for.... It's a game from the last decade, and game companies got a lot more brain farts back then than they do now. Frankly the main thing that just pissed me off was that there were no headshot mechanics...

5. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's really only true for the PC and while I have it for the computer and can rely on the modding community there, it sucks for console users to have to stick with the vanilla version. Of course with Xbox One making leeway into including user created mods for games (even if it is only for Fallout 4 at the moment), the gap between the two groups will shrink just a little bit.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, the modding community is big for the PC platform indeed but I would've loved if the developers included some post-game content, they definitely had the opportunity.

7. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't really have a problem if a game doesn't want to have a post-end situation, I mean just don't do the final mission and you'll be fine. :p