To Deep silver and 4A= What we want in the next Metro game!

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by TotalAaron, Sep 12, 2013.

1. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

We The stupidly diehard fans of your series will soon come up with a list of what you can do with Metro: 2035 or whatever it is, We have played da shit out of 2033 and Last light we know you can do amazing things, the ranger mission in the DLC was the hypest shit! 10/10 bravo amazing

the 4A engine produces some of the best visuals EVER seen in games, you have shown that you are capable of outstanding leaps in terms of bug fixing and listing to players you guys actually do that that is beyond amazing keep doing it please

alright now although i have some ideas for what ever the next metro game is (And you will make another one wont you:mad:)

1, Open world
    2, Make stealth less Derpy
    3, make the enemies less derpy
    4, more outside stuff

Guys we have to add more i will spam every member untill this list gets too 100 minumun

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Banned for spamming.
    :D

3. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

What you mean with derpy?

4. BLY4

BLY4 Well-Known Member

The surface parts in LL were amazing, so more of that. And more open world exploration both above an below ground. And some more exporation of military installations.

5. Jastreb

Jastreb Active Member

Okay, let's make it less complicated:

1. We want new S.T.A.L.K.E.R with Metro mechanics.

There you go, easy as that.

6. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I think he means less dumbed down. Just think about how the stealth and AI were in Metro 2033. :)

I think there should be more rundown stations that match the descriptions from the book. Also more creepy/eerie tunnel exploration. Maybe even an option at the beginning of the game that allows you to pick which watch you want Artyom to wear; the one from M2033 or from LL.

7. TotalAaron

Derpy as in "Ka-boom!!!" guard says "Must have been my imagination"

8. XKaan

XKaan Active Member

The highlight of the DLC so far has def been the artifact mission from the faction pack. (Will play developer pack single player mission shortly)

The sandbox-type layout and the way all of the area tied together was brilliant. At times you felt like you were far away from the base, but open a door or grate and bam you are seconds away.

Having said that, the less linear and more exploration based the next game is the better. I'm a die-hard STALKER fan so of course I'd love something with the scale and depth of STALKER with the 4A engine etc, but I think the sweet spot would be a balance of the two. Not as linear as LL, but not as vast and complex as STALKER - somewhere in between.

Do that, and you have a perfect game in my book. (I might become a recluse if they actually did that)

In addition to being a bit more open world, I'd actually like to see some puzzles. Not "portal" type puzzles, but areas of the game where you really have to stop and think for a while about how to proceed. A Mixture of physics based and logic based would be clutch.

STALKER was amazing in that there were so many ways to actually complete the game. Join freedom or Duty? Join neither? Participate in Faction war? Avoid? Etc. At times is was a bit daunting, but it made for a lot of replay value. Metro's moral point system is nice, and I actually replayed LL 3 times to get both endings, and then the final play was to get the achievement where you only kill humans when forced to. Expand that system slightly to affect how the story actually plays out more and that would be great. (Go solo, join Reich etc)

9. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

I would want Metro 2033's stealth with out the semi-impossible bits (parts of Dry station for example) and with LL's takedown move.
    This just pertains to stealth.
    Also gun customization would be awesome. Think about the possibilities for just the Kalash (do you want wood grips? Half wood have polymer? Only stock wood?) etc.
    Just my two cents.

10. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think an open world Metro would work. Metro games are heavily story driven and turning it into S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will definately ruin that. I would love more on the surface levels though and maybe even levels with only exploration, but not open-world Metro game.

P.S. Before someone jumps to any conclusions,i'm a die hard fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise. I love S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and while similar, both games are miles apart.

11. TotalAaron

i dont know about you guys but the ranger mission times 10, larger with different stations would have me salivating

12. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

The statement about how they were going to make it more Open to more audiences they could have meant that they have made it Open World. But that's just a Theory, a Game Theory.

13. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

1: Less 'follow-me' NPCs, more missions where the player is alone (ala Metro 2033)
    2: Less modernity: They had far too much electricity, food, biohazard suits and plastic draping for quarantine, and ammunition/firepower.
    3: Every shooter has human enemies, so bring in more mutants (ala Metro 2033)
    4: Far too cinematic, felt like an American game with explosions and such nonsense. Bring back the mature, Ukrainian/Russian style of Metro 2033.
    5: No boss battles (ala Metro 2033). Seriously, humans who can take 30 bullets? That just destroyed the immersion. Make the 'horde mode' fit into the story less obviously. I don't like walking into an open area and thinking 'Here come waves of enemies'. Metro 2033 did it very smoothly and much better.

14. dOrOb

dOrOb Active Member

Yes!

Agree with you on every single point!

15. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I still come back to my idea of going onto the next generation which an open world multiplayer metro game. Make your character, make your allegiances and meet up with rangers, members of your faction and just explore, kill and do missions. I think that would be the pinnacle of fun and would keep me interested for months if not year

16. ACHILLES4713

ACHILLES4713 Member

This is what I want to see in a future Metro game:
    -Have the player rely more on makeshift weapons, make pre-war weapons a rare find
    -Have much more traps, broken glass and the like; make it so the player has to constantly watch where they step
    -Don't make obvious routes (little tunnels under guards or convenient walkways above guards) through areas; it just make stealth way too easy!
    -Related to above point: don't dumb down the AI of the human enemies (Metro: 2033 was a little over the top in terms of AI detection, but it was nearly perfect. In other words, don't over correct like you did in Metro: Last Light)
    -Let us explore more of the famous landmarks above ground; I was kind of disappointed I couldn't go inside of St. Basil's Cathedral. I really appreciated seeing Lenin's Tomb (I think that was Lenin's Tomb?) in red square.
    -Develop more lore surrounding the various factions with the help of Dmitry Glukhovsky
    -Have more notes, pictures, tape recordings from various characters in the world for the player to find in their travels. Its a good way of fleshing out the world.
    -This is more of an experiment you might try in development: maybe have a weapon/ammo crafting system? If done right, it could really reinforce the survival aspect of the franchise.
    -Have the player character fully voiced. Not just in loading screens but in-game as well.
    -Something to look into for the next game: Ivan the Terrible's hidden library. Just saying! :)
    -More lore about, and interactions with, spirits and other supernatural elements in the world; same with the Dark Ones (Maybe have the young darkling from Last Light come back as an adult in the next game)?
    -Don't be afraid to go to other parts of Russia or other countries (I just know I'm going to get flak for this statement! :p ) You can always come back to Moscow.
    -Related to above point: Don't be afraid to get away from Artyom for awhile and have stories centered around other characters old and new.
    -NOT EVERY GAME HAS TO HAVE MULTIPLAYER!!! Single player games still sell.

17. nomotog

nomotog Member

Improve stealth.
    I'm not going to say go back to how it was in 2033. That game's stealth didn't feel challenging so much as broken. Start with LL and just add more too it. More stealth tools for the player. Something to help with sneaking around animals. (Maybe something like bait you can use to lure them away.) A way to non lethally take out guards from range. (Maybe a gas grenade.) The ability to drag bodies. Oh and the ability to craw into vents.

To balance that, we can give more tools to the AI. You can add new guard classes. Dogs (Trained watchers?) that can follow the player by sent. Engineers who will investigate and repair broken power boxes and light bulbs. Snipers that use patrolling spotlights to cover a very large zone. Also mark of the ninja had a neat guard that would fire off flairs to investigate strange noises.

More metro weapons.
    The metro weapons are really the main reason I care about this game. They have a really nice style too them and I'd just like to see more. I also want to see more that aren't simple point and shoot guns. Maybe a muzzle loader pistol that you can load with random junk you find in the environment.

A new character.
    This almost goes without saying seeing as Artyom dies at the end. They could find ways to bring him back, doing a prequel or something, but I say just move on. A new character would be nice.

Open world.
    It's the first thought I had after playing 2033 and last light. I really want to play a more open version of this. I would love love love is if the next metro was an open world RPG.

RPG elements.
    I said RPG in my last idea so I want to clear up what I mean with that. I'm not talking about including EXP and leveling. I think a system like that would be immersion breaking. The system I am imagining is gear based. You would upgrade your character by buying new weapons, attachments, and gadgets. You might spend 40 bullets buying some stronger body armor, or 30 bullets buying a expanded weapon harness that lets you carry a second weapon.

18. chriswihu

chriswihu New Member

moving bodies would improve drastically in the sense of stealth if the ai were build to look after their comrades - if for example a guard is missing for 2-3 min because you knocked him out and his friend tries to look in normally unconventional locations.

like the ideas and we saw that smaller mutants were being trained to perform and serve as pets, so this build up to the idea for trained guard-dogs. the different classes would be nice to see as i would make you have to change tactic from encounter to encounter.

if you have bought the season pass and got all the DLC you would see more interesting and unique metro weapon int the developer pack, check the WIKIA for info, but the idea of muzzle loading would be interesting and fun if for example you lose all weapons and have to resort to such means.

there are two ending - spoiler (sort of) - one where Artyom lives and one where he dies, this we also saw in Metro 2033 with a good and bad ending but LL only followed the bad ending, so the question is just which endign will be carried over to the LL sequel. but would be nice to have a co-op where you played another characters in another story-line or a story-line that ran alongside the main story.

this would be hard, as Metro is immersing in its direction of the player through a gripping story, while it would be cool to see this in single player i think it would work better like a much bigger version of the Kshatriya - level in the faction pack where all areas were connected in fun and intriguing way. i would maybe like to see this as a multiplayer/co-op open world with different faction game modes, interaction with universe and other players.

we saw that in Metro 2033 where you at one point could buy heavy or stealth armor that helped - not a lot but slightly - also if this could include mods for weapons in the form of different ammunition - incendiary, armor piercing, heavy rounds (solid round for shotguns etc.), silenced 22. caliber round - but i liked the idea for extra weapons carry space, but would be nice if you had to find scrap/spare parts for upgrades.

19. nomotog

nomotog Member

OK some more ideas just because.

What if you used metro weapons for the entire game? The weapons always started to get kind of boring latter in the game when you started using prewar weapons. They just don't have the character of the metro made guns.

I'd also like to see more metro weapons that have extra rules and abilities. Maybe something like a gun with 3 barrels that you have to manually switch between the barrels after each shot and you can choose to load each barrel with a different kind of ammo.

When it comes to the open world idea. I'm imagining just a really really big version of Kshatriya. The game would be set around a station or maybe 3 stations that are really flushed out. You would have people you can talk to who will ask you to do jobs for them. Shops you can visit where you can buy and sell not just gear, but all kinds of things like food, pictures for your wall at home, or maybe even just a new used pair of boots gloves. (Players can't see their feet a lot of the time, but they always see their hands, so any kind of visual player customization could go there. Gloves/tattoos/rings/ect.) Lot of items that might not have a game effect, but help flush out the world and reinforce the feeling that your actually living in the metro.

Going to other places in the metro could be done by walking, if it's close, but for far away places you want to go buy rail car. There would be public carts that you can ride on for a fee. They would be mostly sight seeing affairs where you ride along and look at the scenery well NPC talk about their lives and what is happening in the metro today. Some times the carts might get attacked and you will have to fight, or maybe just bail out of the cart and run if your not feeling brave.

I'm also thinking that after you save your bullets you could buy a rail car of your own. You could upgrade it with different attachments like mounted weapons, extra lights to scare away creatures, a ram that lets you bust through road blocks, or maybe just extra storage to carry more gear and items with you. When you want to go somewhere with your car, you would want to talk to the stationed switch master. Pay them a fee and they radio out to have the track switches all flipped in the right direction for your destination. You could just flip the switches yourself, but that means getting out of your car at every few turns and that would slow you down.

For the main character, I'm thinking female. It's just because we have have had two games with a man and I like verity. I'm also thinking you want them to be fairly inexperienced. Mostly so that you have a lot of ways to improve your character. When you start the game as a ranger, there is not a lot of improving you can do, but if you start the game as a fisher you can have a lot more advancement.

#19 nomotog, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
  20. chriswihu

chriswihu New Member

well i think many would hate to only use Metro-made-weapons i the game as they are mostly shotguns, meant to carry enough shells for you to blast your way through most monster groups. it would however be interesting if you had a metro weapon that could be upgraded to either be a shotgun, SMG, or a rifle depending on which upgrades you choose through the game. you could find barrels, gears, spring or other components that would be needed for the upgrade.

the three-barreled gun does not sound bad, and could work if it was a type of sniper rifle/long range rifle as such a thing would be troublesome in close quarters. and we saw in the Kshatriya that you could by incendiary pistol and shotgun ammo, but something armor-piercing would be nice to see, with a handgun that could kill with one headshot regardless of any helmet - it of course had to be rare/expensive.

your ideas for an open world are interesting but would properly be hard to pull of, if you had to keep it interesting you would need a lot of content which i don't see them have the time or budget to make a mode inside the next metro game. it could work as a stand-alone title made by a separate team, but i really want the 4A guys to focus on the story of Artyom. then again it would be cool if, as you said, could start out as a fisher, mechanic, doctor, merchant etc. you could have a special ability, merchants could sell for more, buy for less, fishers could have extra speed in and on water, mechanics could bypass certain doors and doctors had special healing items.

i really like the idea and if you could go as a four-man team in a rail car to an abandoned or mutant-infested station where you had a set of tasks to do, things to retrieve or something else.

would like to hear your thoughts on thoughts on this idea, or what ideas other have