Things that drive you crazy

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by Von Streff, Sep 9, 2012.

1. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

When TotalAaron makes posts like the one above that just doesn't make any rational sense.

3. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

but that post made a ton of sense lol.

4. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

This past Wednesday night we had a fire at work. At about 9:30pm the dust collector attached to my machine (A plasma table 30'x10') began to whine loudly. After stopping the machine the noise began to grow louder and louder to the point where ear plugs weren't enough. 5 minutes later a deafening kick was heard and the dust collector (which is about the size of your average bathroom) pushed everything back out through the table in one toxic white cloud. Immediately the whole shop filled thick with smoke. The shop was immediately evacuated except for those with respirators (including me) who needed to fight the fire which was now inside the dust collector. Richard (the galvanizing supervisor) began pulling out the 24 filters by hand from the machine while they burned and threw them to the ground. I went through three fire extinguishers putting them out. Soon the smoke became so thick that you couldn't see the person in front of you. While one of the Russian welders hauled a burning filter out through a gate I followed him shooting the burning heap with an extinguisher as we moved. Because the smoke from the fire and extinguishers was so thick I didn't notice he had dropped the burning filter until I was standing over it roasting my balls off.

Soon after the night shift supervisor realized our hand held extinguishers weren't enough and he evacuated us out just as the fire brigade arrived with six ladder trucks, ambulances and police barricades. Ten minutes later the fire was out. No one was hurt seriously say for a few second degree burns on the hands of some and some minor smoke inhalation. I got questioned but we quickly figured out the cause.

The maintenance crew had not been looking after the dust collector and without cleaning for three months it clogged up and a spark from the plasma table set the filters on fire.

I'd never had to use a fire extinguisher in a serious situation before and that night I'd gone through three myself. In total 12 where used completely. Needless to say some people got fired after my father got back from his relaxing business golf tournament.

And that's what drives me crazy. People who neglect to do the job they're payed to do and put others at risk. Were lucky the twelve tanks of plasma fuel sitting right beside the dust collector didn't blow or the whole factory would ave gone up which would have spread to the petroleum storage facility next door and leveled the whole area including the industrial train station on our other side... Fuck!

5. TotalAaron

Shit man, was anyone hurt?

6. TotalAaron

But it did as i finished showing a messy desk my country in CIV5 got nuked

7. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

You can't even get diabetes from eating too much sugar... [​IMG]

8. TotalAaron

I really really hate liberians just die!

9. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I don't which librarians you're referring to but I hate librarians, the human kind

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

No no no, he hates Liberians!! :D

Also, it ticks me off when I'm having a LAN party with my bud. We play for some hours, everything is fine, we go to bed, then when we get up in the morning, everything just fucks up. The wireless network becomes way too slow all of a sudden so we have to use cable, and there's some fucked up IP conflict causing us to only be semi-connected to the internet. Can use steam and games, but can't open any web-pages or anything...

11. TotalAaron

HOLY SHIT!!!! that happens to me and my friends too!

12. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh shit the Forums background is fucked up.
    Seriously......there was a lot of ads on this site before but now.....:tsk:

Adblock here I come!

13. TheDarknessEnvelops

I didn't know that was a word :D anyway, I hate the army cuts that Britain have been put under, 82, 000 is not a large enough army

14. TotalAaron

Thats it woooow thats small

15. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

There isn't really a need for them to have such a large army. The largest threats come from Asia and the Middle-East. To defend themselves they can just rely on their loyal colonies.

16. TotalAaron

Until they say "fuck dat dis yo problem"

17. TheDarknessEnvelops

yeah, we might not need as large an army but 5% of the population of a country is expected to be military according to the UN and also it's not just soldiers, we have about three yachts and a rowing boat in our navy, and yes, we can just ask Australia to deal with our problems ;)

18. TotalAaron

Like in galipoli ;)

19. TheDarknessEnvelops

yep, Australia always been a good workhorse for Britain along with Canada but you know, it's illegal to be nasty to Canadians

20. TotalAaron

Unless...

The syrup wars of 2200