The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by LegionRyse, Sep 27, 2013.

1. LegionRyse

LegionRyse Member

I'm sorry, but I cannot stand this show. For me it's just the characters aren't interesting and the setting is just boring to look at. You can have interesting characters in interesting places in a zombie apocalypse. I know this is a fan favorite of many, but I just don't see the appeal in it. Also don't get me started on the scenes where people are shooting guns, my goodness does it make it look like a cheesy show when they do this. I'm speaking mainly about no kick to the guns, especially when the kid shoots a pistol with no kick, really now? Come on.

And the other cast ends up with no kick at some point in the series. I know it's small, but it's too noticeable to me and I cannot get over it. Plus the cast is just boring. I was so happy when certain characters were killed off, now I can only hope for most of the cast to be killed off.

Feel free to disagree with me, nothing will change my mine about this show. Not even the governor who I thought was yet another bland character.

2. athenos

athenos Well-Known Member

I really like this show, but you have a great point with this one. Didn't the kid run around with a giant magnum?

Have you read the graphic novel at all? I won't give any spoilers away, but maybe you should.

3. DCF430

DCF430 New Member

4. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

It seems to me you had made your mind made up well before even watching this television series, The characters are incredibly interesting, their back story and the way they portray themselves as the series progresses, is both deep and wholly heartfelt.

At the end of the day I cannot agree with you at all, the governor was probably the biggest threat to the survivors in this series and in fact I thought the man who played the governor played his role exceptionally well.

As for your comment about kick back on pistols and rifles, I agree that was a bit of a nuisance but considering how good and not to mention how well directed this show actually is I think they can be forgiven for that slight.

The characters are in no way bland and for the main characters it allows you enough time to acclimatise yourself to their own history and grow attached to them, so that when they do finally die, it has more of an impact, which in my opinion is really well thought out.

The Walking Dead series is truly beautifully conceived and executed and I think your arguments are flawed and petty compared to just how complicated and diverse this series actually is.

But again that is just my opinion.

5. matrixor

matrixor Well-Known Member

The Walking Dead can be boring and it can be very intense and action packed. The first two seasons had the most action. Overall, I think that It's a good show.

6. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love movies that have zombies or vampires and super natural beings. If don't enjoy watching it just search for the movie genre that you like. For me I love it but I never got to finish it.