The state of ranked pvp in swtor

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by reverior1, Oct 22, 2020.

1. reverior1

reverior1 Member
    Regular

Hellow, Iam one of swtor players who plays this game since 2014, and recently two of my friends were banned/queue locked from ranked pvp in swtor even though they haven't done anything wrong

They received such message:
    Hello, We have repeatedly observed unusual activity on your Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ account. As a result of what we’ve seen, we’ve removed this account’s access to Ranked PvP in Star Wars: The Old Republic for the rest of the current season.
    How did I break the rules?
    We want to provide a fair, fun, experience for all of our players. To do that, we take action against anyone who tries to give unfair advantages to themselves or others.
    We consider this behavior to be cheating, which can include, but isn’t limited to:
    ● Using third-party software such as aimbots, wallhacks, and other similar cheats in order to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
    ● Win-trading or otherwise manipulating in-game ranking systems, with the collaboration of others
    ● Performing in-game exploits and abusing glitches or bugs
    ● Multiple players using a single account
    ● Using, creating, or selling cheat tools or services

As you can see bioware employers aren't telling why exactly my friends were blocked or banned. Instead, bioware just dumped all possible reasons someone can be banned in swtor without any specifics

When they tried to appeal and asked for more information about the reasons they were punished and any proofs they have, as expected bioware said nothing specific again:
    Greetings, We’ve reviewed your case, as you requested.
    We took action on your account because we found the following:
    ● Using third-party software such as aimbots, wallhacks, and other similar cheats in order to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
    ● Win-trading or otherwise manipulating in-game ranking systems, with the collaboration of others
    ● Performing in-game exploits and abusing glitches or bugs
    ● Multiple players using a single account
    ● Using, creating, or selling cheat tools or services

It took them only 1 day for a full re-investigation of this case which is definitely not enough considering that 3-4 of October (2 days have passed since my one of my friends wrote an appeal) were weekends (saturday and sunday).

For those who plays ranked on a regular basis these unfair, unreasonable and unsubstantiated banns or queue locks are not a surprise. Talking with other players and from my personal experience I can definitely state that bioware employee aren't handling such things fairly and impartially. Many players are often vote kicked from the match or scared that they will be banned for no reason just because they were unlucky to lose a solo ranked match with one of swtor influencers/ranked elitists. Phrases like "report him to Chris, this trash will be banned soon" or "let chris deal with this noob, he is finished" we see all along while playing swtor (see the attached screenshots)

It doesn't matter how hard you try to play because if you are disliked by certain ranked elitists or swtor influencers - your account or ranked access may be banned/blocked due to mass-report abuse (even if these reports are fully unsubstantiated and unjustified) or because of a single word from a person who has strong relationships with one of bioware crew members.

Such power abuse is not limited only to unfair banns/queue locks. For instance, it was revealed that someone from bioware provides a certain player with vital information on dates of ranked season end much earlier than it appears on forum. While all players have been wondering when a certain ranked season will end - there was no answer given from bioware. Nevertheless, certain ranked players already knew when ranked season 12 will end long before it was announced (see the attached screenshots).

Why did the same person I mentioned before provided this information only in a discord to a certain player instead of telling it on forum so that everyone would know how much time is left to gain enough wins/rating until season ends is a mystery for everyone. However, it would seem to suggest that bioware employers are abusing their power in order to give unfair advantages to some players.Recently swtor developers stated that they are introducing new mats which will drop exclusively from ranked. Based on comments from most of players on forum, players didn't like this idea since they know how toxic, broken, rude, poorly managed and bugged ranked is.

Summing up, the reason of this thread is to warn those who is playing ranked in swtor or those who is planning to play it. Poor matchmaking, terrible class balance (e.g. one powertech can cause same amount of damage as two other classes) and numerous game buggs will be the least of your problems. You can be banned or queue locked without any reasons, fair procedure and evidence just due to fake reports from ranked elitists who are controlling the game. I hope my information and exposure will prevent other players from having same experience my friends had since facing unjustified and unreasonable queue locks or any other sanctions is one of the worst possible experiences a player can face in any game.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      51.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      383.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png