The Hobbit

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by VanillaToshi, Dec 7, 2012.

1. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Out in seven days!!! :D

[YOUTUBE]G0k3kHtyoqc[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]b1SJ7yaa7cI[/YOUTUBE]

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I honestly watched just the first trailer and didn't bother with the rest. They look like they spoil quite a bit of the film. :p

Anyway, although I am really disappointed at how animals were kept in between the shooting of scenes of The Hobbit (many of them died due to the horrible conditions), I still can't deny that I'm very excited to see how the movie turns out. I've been hearing mixed reviews so far.

3. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yay! Can't wait to see it out here....should be around January 2013!

4. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I was excited by this, as it looked like they were sticking pretty close to the book. Then I heard that Saruman, Legolas, Frodo, and other characters make appearances.. Forget it, I'm not interested.

5. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

I was sad when I found out you can actually walk to Mordor. It is, in reality, 120 miles from The Shire. The story is a lie :(

6. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

lol Well, it's here in New Zealand: everything is close to everything! Haha!

7. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

New Zealand. The Land of Hobbits, Elved, Dwarves, Other Mystical Creatutes, and the Frustration of Not Being Able to Infect It In Pandemic II.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

This looks awesome. I've only watched the Lord Of The Rings movies once, but I absolutely loved them. I don't really think these trailers spoiled anything grave, at least not to me. I'll try to haul my ass to the cinema and watch it as soon as possible. It was premiered here in Norway at midnight last night :)

9. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Maybe it will be kind of like Saving Private Ryan, The movie starts as Frodo reading from the book Bilbo wrote in (instead of flashbacks to the war). Only bit I could find a way around.
    Even if it doesn't follow the book closely it doesn't really matter as long as the film is produced well, kind of like the Metro book and game. (OK bad comparison but still)

I bet most people didn't like it because the first hour or so they're just sat in Bilbo's house (apparently), I can't see it being terrible as it's being directed by Peter Jackson.

Edit: Oh and I wouldn't worry about spoilers because anyone with any sense will have read the book :p

#9 VanillaToshi, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
  10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

It's not that simple with the spoilers. I too know what happens with the story of The Hobbit, but I don't want to have the movie spoiled. It's more than just story. It's the way that some things are made to surprise you, stun you or are filmed in special ways that just won't have as much of an effect on you when you watch the movie if you've seen them before. I thought more people would understand that. :p