Quantcast

Stardew Valley

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by SLTE, Mar 3, 2016.

1. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Anybody tried this one yet? It's selling bigtime on Steam at the moment. It's a Harvest Moon-esque farming simulator game where you set up your own little homestead, grow crops, get to know the locals, and proceed through each of the seasons. There's combat, though, so it feels a bit like an action RPG in some areas.

I have to admit I'm really enjoying it. It feels like the older Harvest Moon titles, but with significantly more to do and craft. The story's also a fair bit deeper, and the characters have hints of darker, more adult sides that you wouldn't necessarily see in Harvest Moon. All told, a pretty solid game.

2. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

I haven't tried the game out yet, but I followed it a bit back when it was under development, it certainly looks like a ton of fun - And I'm glad to see it seemingly sell quite well on Steam. I'll probably have to pick it up soon myself to see how it is.

3. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

I have not played it personally, but it seems like every youtuber that I follow is playing it. I never played Harvest Moon either, though everyone and their mother did, haha. I'll have to kick it out at sometime though.

4. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

Being full on crazy fan of harvest moon and it's spin off Runefactory, I can easily say Stardew Valley and its ONE developer is AMAZING. The guy single handedly dished out this harvest moon inspired game. I'm on about 6hours in right now and I'm still enjoying it. I'm liking the characters, the story so far is pretty much harvest moon, but the pixel graphics are my thing and brings back so many memories. I'll definitely recommend this game to anyone who enjoys this genre of game and even those just curious about it.

5. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I just started playing this yesterday. It was really fun to play and it brings back nostalgic memories when I played Harvest moon back in the day. You guys should play it too but before that you need to search some tips and things you need to because I kinda did some things that I shouldn't have. You guys should play it!