Quantcast

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Tracyn Ordo, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Tracyn Ordo

Tracyn Ordo New Member

I first got into this game a long time ago. It is one of the most fun and awesome games I have ever played. I loved its sequel as well, but mainly with the Restored Content Mod. I remember back when I was I first got into this game, I couldn't even get past the beginning stages (Taris, Telos). After I figured it out, it was just great. I can't really put into words my love for this game series and how I sincerely wished there would have been a sequel. What about you guys? What are your thoughts on this game?

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I enjoyed Knights of the Old Republic, but I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so that was a given. The game was solid in most ways, great in some, and then only had a few minor issues that I ever experienced.

3. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of the Star Wars movies, but I love rpgs from Bioware (Dragon Age style). The only game with that look of spaceships and aliens that I really enjoy was Mass Effect (1,2 and 3)

Some friend talk me about this game. Do you think I should play it?

4. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

Do it. KOTOR is a classic even if you're not a fan of Star Wars. The storyline and the gameplay is pretty phenomenal and the game is what put Bioware on the map. Sure they had other projects prior to it but KOTOR was essentially their breakout game. SW:TOR the MMO is the sequel to KOTOR.

fliktor7 likes this.
  5. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

Ok, I will do it. You and my friend had convinced me. I'll play as a sith, cause I always found more funny to be the evil guy xD Star wars the old republic also seems interesting.

I will post my impressions here. Thanks for the advice ^__^

6. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

I prefered the first KOTOR game over the second. I know i'm not alone in this. I liked having to work to unlock my powers instead of just being handed to me almost all at once at the start of the game. I felt more connected to my character. I didn't get that with the second game and as a result I don't think I ever completed it.

7. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

I am not that much into Star Wars lore, but I loved the game. It's a classic, period! You are going to love the game, even when you haven't watched the movies or the TV shows.

8. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

Oh yeah this is a good game with a great storyline. It's all about the Star Wars universe with fresh characters and cool mods.

9. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

KOTOR was a great game both as a Star Wars fan and RPG fan. Both games in the series were really well done, disguised the grinding, and had great stories. I'm also a huge fan of expanding the lore and those games did a great job of developing the backstory and engaging the player.

10. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member Regular

Loved the storylines, hated the end game. If it had more of a wow type end game, it would have been more successful. The story lines were some of the best I've seen in an MMORPG.