Some prep for my new cosplay

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bamul, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

The cosplay I did four years ago wasn't particularly developed. Plus all the brilliant cosplay recently posted by others on the forum motivated me to start getting something of my own together again, so I figured now that I've got the new air gun I can try something. Below I'm posting some basic shots of what I've got so far. Most of it (except for the Crosman obviously) is stuff I've had for some time now. It's far from finished - I plan to replace the balaclava with a gas mask, one that is different to the two I used previously, and take these pictures in a more appropriate setting with more poses and do a little bit of editing. Thinking of doing a second cosplay too, also Metro-themed, but for someone living underground rather than a stalker. How soon I post finished versions of both of these depends on whether I can get my hands on the mask I've been looking for and how busy I will be with other stuff - it might take a few weeks or I might just forget about it and never do it.

So I'm posting the basics of what I have so far below. Feel free to leave your thoughts, advice on what to do to make it better (I'm probably not gonna rough it up much, props to Thelastknown for his homemade weapon wear though - check that out here if you haven't already), but keep in mind what I posted above as it's not finished. And yeah, I know my eyes on these photos look as though I was drunk or someone smacked me in the face with a sledgehammer. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Thelastknown

Thelastknown Well-Known Member

You started out great!
    Good to hear you are picking up cosplaying again, i hope you succeed in your idea.
    About the facial thing, i agree on you replacing it with a gas mask, gives a nice touch to it
    And what you said about the second cosplay, you mean something like a "civilian", right?
    It would be nice if you would only use old and civilian things for that f.e a GP5 instead of a military grade, no weapons(or something simple) etc.

I think you are looking great already, keep going and something great will come out!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G361F met Tapatalk

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Cheers for the feedback. And yeah, for the second one I was thinking of using mostly civilian stuff (tracksuit bottoms, normal sleeved t-shirt, ushanka hat, etc.) and making it look more like something from Metro 2033 by setting the scene - so I might squat in a dark place next to a small table or stool with a lantern, vodka bottle and a jar of pickled mushrooms on it, with a map of the metro put up on the wall or something like that. Even if it's not gonna be just civilian stuff, it's definitely not gonna have camo, holsters, webbing or anything like this one - so it might be cosplay of a stalker just chilling in more normal clothes in the metro and not outfitted in the things he uses for trips to the surface.

4. Thelastknown

Good idea, maybe add a
    radio that looks like the one from the trailer?
    Like the civil/stalker has connections with others?

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

These are great!! I love the poses, especially the third one.
    That's a special jacket, looks kinda like alligator-pattern? A bit unusual, but still neat! :nod:
    And that is one hello'va fabulous gun :EEK:

I've also been planning to do a cosplay ever after I bought that 4A1 mask, but I keep forgetting about it :p I wanna do a shot under a bridge or something, like a real good shot.

6. Thelastknown

I wish you luck Skaara!

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's actually a brilliant idea. I don't think I have anything like that in my house, but maybe I'll be able to come up with something similar.

Cheers, much appreciated. The coat is a winter field jacket from the people's army of the PRL (that's Poland back when it was part of the Eastern Bloc) - most likely from 1989-1993. The pattern of the camo is called kamuflaż wz. 89 „Puma”, which replaced the previous „Moro” camo type used by the PRL's military in previous decades. The helmet is also from the PRL (hence why the eagle isn't wearing a crown), it's called hełm wz. 67 and could be from 1967-1989.

Sounds good, you should definitely try it.

8. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Kurwa! These are great, Bamul. They have the correct slav feel to them and the last photo can be accompanied by some one liners; like:
    Kurwa!
    Hasta la vista, baby.
    Say hello to my little freind
    Etc.

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Haha, thanks man. It's great to see you again on the forum! :D I hope you will be able to get a new PC soon.