[Solved] Audio help - PC Redux version

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by ash0573, Jan 12, 2015.

1. ash0573

ash0573 New Member

Hello,

I have googled and googled and not found lot of answers but I have found a lot of discussions abut it.

I have the Steam PC version Redux and I am using a Creative SoundBlaster-Z with SPDIF to my wireless Skull Candy Plyr 1 headphones. They wok in every other game I have except this game. I have tried setting the frequencies to lower rates, updated all drivers for everything, just not sound.

I used the setup found on the Skull Candy website to set up the headphones when I purchased them and they work.

Sound: Creative Sound Blaster-Z
    Headphones: Skull Candy Plyr 1

Ideas?

Kindly,

Ash

2. ash0573

ash0573 New Member

All,

Wouldn't you know it works now just after I posted for help. What did I do? found a firmware update for my headset and transmitter, applied it and it works. The only thing that changed on my system was under Playback Devices. It changed from "Skull Candy Headset" to USB headset. The OS probably detected the device as something new or different or changed.

I know it's not a FIX but it works. So for those with Skull Candy wireless headsets check for the firmware update via google and or the Skull Candy website.

Kindly,

Ash

3. Thank you for posting the solution that worked for you. If someone has the same problem, they will be able to fix it.

If it breaks down again, I'll send a note to one of the devs.