Snow!

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I heard about the Australian firestorms. So I can deal with the snow 'round here, but it's rarely colder than -15 anyway, so not much compared to Canada and my scandinavian fellas.

2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

The weathers weird here. Yes of course it's cold up north in the NWT and upper Manitoba, but Winnipeg is very close to the US border way down south, yet we still see temperatures like up north, it's weird!

3. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I think Denmark is on line with Moscow, but we have completely different climate due to the Gulf stream. But when El NiƱo hits, I guess it'll be pretty cold. And, certainly, if the Gulf stream stops due to increase in water levels.
    Then again, if water levels rise it's probably due to global warming, and then it'll be countered by that :eek:hwell:

4. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

at last we have snow here! of course, the UK is coming to a standstill because of a couple inches of snow. :rolleyes:

5. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I live in florida , never seen snow.

6. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Had lots of snow here in Belgium about a week ago. Twas glorious. Everybody stayed inside and I could finally enjoy a quiet and peaceful walk with my four-legged friends in the snow without being disturbed by other two-legged pests. I love snow.

#86 cerberus, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013
  7. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

What aout your fish cereberus?

8. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I haven't received snow over here, yet. It should come in the next two weeks though.

You guys are going to think I'm evil for doing this, but just letting you know, I'm not :D:

You probably know that when it snows, people like to build snowmen. Well when people build snowmen, I like to have some fun as well. By night fall, I go walking around to the parks near my house with a tree branch that I've sorta shaped into a baseball bat :) and go smashing/knocking down snowmen ( just to be nice, I usually wait until the second day after it snows so people can enjoy their creation).

Edit: I just remembered that it did snow for me this year, but not enough to stick to the ground.

#88 NuclearWastE3, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
  9. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Ive never seen snow before :/ sniff

10. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Maybe when it snows over here, I'll make a snow ball and ship it to ya.

11. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

i just look in my freezer :)

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

I want to chop snowmen into pieces with my Katana :3

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Yeah, well, as luck would have it, we now have a Christmas without snow. Oh, joy! All the snow is gone, and it's 27th December. This hasn't happened in Norway since... 1980-something. It's saddening that every winter just becomes weaker and weaker..

14. Aaron

Regular

That's what is happening here too but while I was still tanning my supple buttocks on a Mexican beach a huge blizzard hit home with windchill of -51. I'm glad I just missed it, it was still -27 when I left the airport though :(

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

.... Damn Canadians. GIVE ME YOUR WEATHER!
    There's still no snow in Norway, at least not that I know of. Not for many miles. Maybe some up in Northern Norway. This is a new record since 1980 something, no snow in January!

16. Aaron

Regular

I could sell it to you for $150 a pallet. Though I have a feeling it might not survive in your warm Norwegian climate :D

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

No worries, Aaron, I got it for free alread! Shipped with the wind! :D

According to newsletters and meteorologists (or w/e), the recent storm in 'merica has brought the cold with it here to Norway. This whole winter it's been at least 5+ degrees celsius, but during about just two days, it went from +5 down to -11. That's 16 degrees less in two days. Sudden change, followed with snow! Finally a true Norwegian winter! :D (Although it comes from America :))

18. Yakov

Yakov Well-Known Member

Americans stole snow from us, HAARPers...

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

No snow in England (at least not in my parts, though I think I've heard there was a little bit in the south). There was some in various parts of Poland - and a few of the storms - but I heard it was only for a few days, so it seems the old country isn't getting its usual proper winter either. Not sure what it's like now.

20. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

Just got snow in southern sweden, which is Faaaaaantastic, considering I'm doing my driver's test tomorrow. Woo...\o/