Skill Books...

Discussion in 'Fallout 3' started by SereneAngel88, Jul 29, 2015.

1. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Has anyone actually manage to find all of the skill books in the game? I'm currently going back to the game and making a challenge to collect all of the skill books before I hit the ending and I just want to know if anyone has done it before I could.

2. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member
    Regular

I try not to obsess over skill books or other items. Mostly because that would mean I'd never make any progress in the game. :p

..come to think of it though, when I replayed the game I would use Google very often after going through a location, just to see if I had missed anything (e.g. skill books :p).

3. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Pretty sure I did once, however I cheated by using a walk through to find them all :p

4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

If it was an achievement requirement on the Xbox 360, then I definitely did it. Otherwise, I more than likely missed a few.

5. SereneAngel88

Regular

Walkthrough? No, I'm totally going to find those skill books just by exploring. Yup.

*Nudges Prima Guidebook under the bed*

6. troutski

Regular

Do you think a player ever lucked into finding them without a guide? 0_o

7. SereneAngel88

Regular

Well, if they have OCD tendencies about exploring every area they are in with a fine toothed comb, it's possible. I like exploring a lot but this time I'm focusing on really going through the entire map. Of course, I'll have to watch out for albino Radscorpions and Deathclaws while doing it, so...

8. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

Just use a guide a don't worry about it. If you were to figure it out by yourself, it'd take tens and hundreds of hours just searching for the books.

I recently got all the acheviements in Final Fantasy XIII-2 and I would never be able to do it without a guide. It's extremely hard to 100 percent any RPG without a guide!

9. SereneAngel88

Regular

I could use a guide, but this is a self-imposed challenge, so it would defeat the purpose if I just chickened out and use a guide. I would imagine doing a speedrun of the game would be more difficult than looking for books, even if it would be less tedious...

10. troutski

Regular

Don't use guides, guys. Only the weak use guides.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, guides are for the weak. While I haven't managed to find all the skill books it's a pretty cool easter egg. I remember Prince of Persia: Warrior Within did something like this with the "Sands of time".

12. Nuka-Cola Girl

Nuka-Cola Girl Active Member

I always miss a couple of them. After a while, I get impatient with exploring and start rushing.

13. c0stell0

c0stell0 Member

I have made an effort to explore each and every area to the best of my ability in my latest run-through, but I'm also not at 100 Lockpick and 100 Science, yet. That means even as I explore, I will have to go back to each and every area on the map and double check computers and safes. Not to mention some of the books are quest rewards, I believe. If one were to take a 100% completionist look at this, or rather only have one playthrough after beating the game some 6-7 years ago and just continuously looking through the same wasteland for little surprises, I would say it is possible without a guide. Otherwise, I'd bring up a wiki while I try this myself.

14. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm pretty sure I've come close to finding them all at one or more points - I don't think I have though. I don't obsess over them that much although I do try to get them. I love to explore in the game so finding books kinda come with it.

15. SereneAngel88

Regular

Well, I plan to go through the entire map with a fine toothed comb and pick up anything that resembles a book. Since I played and beat the game a couple of times, I can do the main story easily with no problem though I'll take huge gaps to go through places that is more out of the way. It's just a fun way to pass the time when I want to go back to the game.

16. dabdab

dabdab Active Member

There's nothing wrong with using guides if you're having difficulties, some games are so stupidly difficult it's impossible to finish them without guides.

(An example would be Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box's where I spent an hour on a puzzle trying to trace paths to see which openings lead to garlic bottles only to find the game had been trolling me after reading a guide)

17. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I did to complete my book collection. It was a chore though, would not recommend.