Settlement defense issues

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 Discussion' started by biglebowski2015, Nov 12, 2015.

1. biglebowski2015

Hi all,

I still have an exclamation next to my defense at Sanctuary. I am up to 44, every other stat is well below but it won't change.

Also, how do you properly power defense traps, I've tried different conduits but they always set off the trap then it needs repair?

Thanks

2. BrthrhdOfSteel

I have had this same issue. I belive it is a glitch. Go to the settlement and chech it that way, instead of therew the pip boy

3. biglebowski2015

anyone have advice on the traps/power issue?

4. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the Tutorial messages say that you should have a Defense score the same as you have your Food and Water scores. Maybe that is your issue. Try to even out Defense with your Food and Water supply.

5. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think you need to connect the trap to a switch before powering it up. So the trap will activate only if a switch is pressed. I haven't tried using traps yet but I imagine that's the problem.

If anyone knows for real, please answer because I think I'll need the explanation too. Fallout 4 has a really bad tutorial for the settlements I gotta say, a shame because I bet it's really good once you get how to do everything.

6. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

You have to connect the trap with a wire? Seriously? I have never used traps so far, only turrets, but that would be really weird.

7. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think you're right, but I haven't tested it either beyond hooking up one Tesla Arc, getting zapped several times, and then turning it off again. I don't know what else you'd bother using the switches for besides turning traps off and on.

It's a cool system, but I'm not convinced yet that some of the traps necessary. Raiders aren't that hard to drive off with a few turrets and regular manpower. Still, there's a lot of game left to play, and maybe raids get more intense...

8. n8welch

n8welch Member

I think there is also a pressure switch that can be used in conjunction with traps. I.e. when they step on the pressure switch it activates the mine etc...

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk