Russian Bias

Discussion in 'World of Tanks and Planes' started by jbeavis100, Sep 19, 2014.

1. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else agreed with me on the fact there is certainly a russian bias to the tanks?
    Not that I mind :3

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not really. I mean, I guess? Maybe? I still don't think so.

3. Sarleons

Sarleons Member

There are lots of good Russian tanks but there are some other nations tanks that are equal or even better; for Example IS7 is good tier 10 heavy tank but the E100 is better. You have to check tank comparison sites to evaluate the situation.

4. Tanis

Tanis Active Member
    Regular

I think Russian tanks in World of Tanks are just consistently fairly good throughout. Especially if you make it to T10, where Russian mediums are some of the best all-rounder mediums in the game, they've got strong heavies and good tank destroyers too. I think Russian bias partly has to do with Russian tanks being competent all-rounders and there being so many Russian tanks in the tech tree compared to others. There are some tanks that aren't even that good, or just different at T10 that you can't claim Russian bias on, but others like the T10 mediums are just really too good.

5. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

When I was playing World of Tanks back in 2011, I also thought some of the Russian vehicles were overpowered.

T-54 for example. I remember very clearly he first time I discovered the power of T-54 was when I sitting in a German Tiger. As the matter of fact, there were two more Tigers right beside me. Three of us Tiger tanks were facing off a single T-54. Guess what? He destroyed all of us in a head on shootout. He did not even maneuver at all. In fact, he was just sitting in front of us and exchanged fire with us. I thought it was lame that a single medium tank could destroy three of our Tigers from the front. Yes, we shot him many times but it was ineffective.

Although if I remember correctly, T-54 was slightly nerfed afterward. That was after I got my own T-54... It was still a good tank, just that it was turned from super overpowered to very overpowered lol.

Anyway, I agree there is bias in WOT.