Runscape Death

Discussion in 'Wildstar' started by redmoon, Aug 1, 2013.

1. redmoon

redmoon Well-Known Member

I remember in the early days of mmos like everquest and runescape deaths where heavily penalized and made it so you would be extremely careful with all your decisions and dying had ramifications like losing all your armor, having others steal it, or it despawning. I personally would like to see this come back making players actually think before going to battle, of course with maybe some moderation if needed.

2. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

I think it would make it to easy for people to bully your character. It's happened to me before and it gets really annoying. Unless the moderators were really strict and on hand 24/7, I don't know if I would support it.

3. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

Me and my friend have been the victims of trolls who just sit by your corpse and kill you. I find it really annoying and like the systems the way they are right now in most games. I'm certainly still careful in what I do.

4. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

Agreed there was a case with runescape where certain players would follow new characters to rather dangerous areas, help them collect high level items then wait for them to get killed, steal the items and do it again to another player, at the end of the day I really think unless it is monitored heavily the system, fan base and player base would not be able to support this style, I agree I miss the aspect of being careful about how you play but unfortunately with the manner some people play for example, they get more enjoyment from causing other people to not enjoy themselves, it simply would not be a smart move.

5. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I don't think it would hurt Runscape even though I don't play it I don't see the game dieing because of it's massive community it might lose some of it's hardcore people, but I don't think the game would die by changing one aspect.

6. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

That's the thing though, changing one aspect can indeed change the public's outlook on the game, if they say made it so that when you died you died for good and had to to remake a new character, then people would stop playing, if they made it more difficult to accrue any form of experience then it would also make people less likely to play the game and so on.

7. Psybe

Psybe Well-Known Member

I agree with this notion 100%

8. pebblesxo

pebblesxo Member

Runescape is definitely far from dying. I've been playing the game since 2009, quit late 2012 but decided to just come back to the game whenever i can. Up to date, i still get on it on and off. Runescape does its update frequently and naturally not everyone is happy about the updates. I still remember that time when Rs made this really major update and everyone was freaking out. Cursing Jagex have been an ongoing thing since then. People really quit the game, we can definitely feel the loss and the thrill of the game, and since the number of players on is displayed in the website, and you can see how many people are on in a particular world, we definitely noticed how the numbers of players on decreased big time. Even though that's the case, there are still lots of number of people who are very loyal to the game and a number of people who keeps coming back. I just don't see Runescape dying at all.