Quantcast

RUMOR: Insider says that The Division is "in a real bad shape"

Discussion in 'The Division' started by Ishmael, Dec 1, 2015.

1. BoxofCereal

BoxofCereal Member Regular

This is probably what they're doing. I don't imagine the other betas are far behind, if any. They're just building up some exclusive hype for a system that needs it. Thankfully, this beta will give us some insight regardless into how the game is coming along; especially content wise, which is something we can all agree is the biggest concern.

2. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

The only issue is that anyone participating in the Xbox One closed beta has to agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement, which will mean we won't know about the game until that's lifted...

3. BoxofCereal

BoxofCereal Member Regular

Ahh, crud, I was unaware. I guess it's to be expected since it's technically an alpha, according to Examiner.com. All the more reason not to worry about the game's state if it's still this early, though. Just need to have faith in Ubisoft.

4. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, it's kinda hard to get the right kind of information from the back end of game development and I hope this is just one of those click-bait articles.

5. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

I don't know if I would really refer to it as spidey sense haha. It's probably just the worry in general, I'm always anxious that a game I have anticipated for so long may be just... bad. I get that it's not going to be perfect when it comes out. Flaws happen. But overall quality bad is what I'm worried about. Bugs I can be patient with.

6. Cyborg Superman

You sum it up nicely, and I think it's why I've been able to forgive Ubisoft any of their missteps. I'm pretty patient with games and I'm OK with waiting a bit to play (I usually have a huge back log of games) so when I usually get around to them, there's been multiple patches on the games and they're usually in good shape.

7. Maelalove

See, unfortunately I'm not as well thought out as you. I'm kind of like a puppy, I get so overly excited about something I can't stop spinning in circles. I get focused on one, and then get disappointed if it doesn't go the way I like.

8. Cyborg Superman

Hahaha, I totally get that feeling too, but I think as I got older and started understanding game development and the whole industry a bit more, I find that it can be beneficial to wait a little bit when a game releases. It's not always possible for me to wait depending on the game, but sometimes it is imposed on me like it is the case with Assassin's Creed Unity and Batman Arkham Knight... I own both games for the Xbox One, but I got them before I actually purchased the console... Which I have yet to get. :\ Unfortunately my financial situation changed a bit so I can't afford the new console until next year. The good news is that both of those games will be patched many times over by then!

9. Maelalove

Hey now, I don't call buying those games early too eager or anything, rather, "prepared," haha. I just tend to get a little over excited, start playing something as soon as I get the chance to, and by then I've hyped myself up so badly that there's a higher chance of being disappointed.
    For example, I don't remember exactly what aspect it was that got me excited, but when 'Until Dawn' came out, I was super stoked for it. I bought it immediately, sat impatiently while it downloaded on my PS4, tried to fill my time, I was like a child waiting for the candy shop to open. Finally it downloaded, I played a few hours, then kind of went all "meh" and stopped playing. I've played maybe thirty minutes of it since. Not saying it was terrible, but I hyped it up too much in my own mind.

10. Cyborg Superman

You are your own worst enemy, hahaha. I know what you mean... By the way, you bring up a good point. I remember back in the day when you bought a game, you brought it home, you put the cartridge in the system and powered it on... Voila, you could play. Now you have to download a million patches, it's got to install, etc. It's like, a 7 hour ordeal, lol.

11. Maelalove

Hahaha exactly! If I could curb that enthusiasm.... And I totally remember the days of bringing the game home... I mean, I guess it saves some of the problems, like the disc breaking, or losing it. But at the same time, now it takes so long to download, and can take up so much space on the system that you can't have such an assortment of games anymore, due to just lack of space.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  12. Cyborg Superman

So I'm guessing these rumours were unfounded since the reports from the alpha that I've read online are all fairly positive, with the general consensus that the game looks beautiful.

13. Maelalove

Oooh good. I'm so glad that's the case. I guess it really does go to show just how far people will go to get others to click on their sites. At least the general critic consensus is good, and we have even more to look forward to now that they've said its beautiful. This only helped us rather than hurt. :]

Cyborg Superman likes this.