RP in ArcheAge

Discussion in 'ArcheAge' started by NocturnalMuse, Sep 30, 2014.

1. NocturnalMuse

NocturnalMuse New Member

I've never been a big Roleplayer in MMOs, but ArcheAge seems like such a rich environment with great potential for RP. I haven't leveled too high yet, but I'd like to know if anyone is starting to see a RP community pop up later in the game.

I'm excited to dive in and see how I like it :)

2. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't seen any role playing at all. I think people are too busy trying to get a handle on the game and what it has to offer before hitting the role playing element. Personally, I am unsure how RPing will even pan out. Like how many people are even interested in that sort of thing.

3. NocturnalMuse

NocturnalMuse New Member

Oh that's a shame, I just saw so much potential for it . Maybe once the game has been out for a while and people have a handle on it?

If I had more experience RPing in MMOs I'd jump in there and start it myself, but I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable with that right now.

4. Daniburu

Daniburu New Member

In the short time I've been playing I also haven't seen much RP going on at all. I'm sure over the next few months the RP group of the player base will come out though. These kinds of games almost always have a group of people. albeit maybe small, who love RP.

5. Muraki

Muraki Member

I would be one of the first people in that line. I love role playing and it would be a really good idea for any MMO to have a good grip on it since, believe it or not, there are a lot of people out there which love those game. Most of them probably being women but still. :p

6. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think if ArcheAge becomes popular enough, Trion can open up Role Playing-specific servers. It would also help if those RP servers have tools that allow players more encouragement to do the role playing.

I observed some people role playing in a WoW server and it was really interesting. It was actually a fresh of breath air to see people 'acting' out their roles and characters as Tauren.

7. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have seen videos of role playing and, it looked real nice. Once people get used to how the game and it get's real popular may see more role playing. Some people are still getting used to the game, and maybe later will try role playing in the game.

8. Calcium

Calcium Member

I've never really seen people Roleplay on ArcheAge and I've been playing for a while but I can definitely see it being a thing, the thing with ArcheAge is that the possibilities are endless, especially with housing and stuff, it's really cool!

9. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Despite how successful role playing could be in the game, it hasn't happened to a large degree yet. Players either want to get the hang of the game, or they're too busy playing or even messing with other players.

10. athena02

athena02 Member

There are actually unofficial RP servers where most of the RP guilds moved to. You might want to move to one of these if your server isn't so big on it.

And I agree that ArcheAge offers a great premise for Role Players. I mean, the whole point of the end game is to shape the story as you wish. You can be a warlord. You can be a huge landlord. You can be a traitor to your faction and have an alliance with the opposing one. With the release of Auroria coming soon, it won't be surprising to see alliances between the East and the West crushing both factions for a castle monopoly.

11. Mimsee

Mimsee Active Member

RP in ArcheAge would probably be ridiculously fun due to the houses and farms and what not...and the potential of criminal activity would enchance a ton. I remember for the limited time that I played all I did was uproot peoples' plants because I didnt know they had been planted by other players LOL.

12. athena02

athena02 Member

Lies, I'm pretty sure you get a message telling you that someone else owned these xD But yeah, there's so much RP potential in ArcheAge, but unfortunately it seems that only people participating in trials take full advantage of it.

13. Mimsee

Mimsee Active Member

I definitely missed it XD after I learned that they belonged to other people I felt so terrible. I've always tried to be a good person in RPG's XD

14. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that Roleplaying will eventually take its place in the game, but most players just want to discover and enjoy the content of the game as of now. I won't be surprised if there's going to be a portion of the community to be roleplaying in a year or two, however.

15. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

I didn't seen since now anyone roleplaying their characters, and that is a bit sad, I think this game could be a great place for rp, with all those naval fights and so many things to do. Anyway, there should be guilds which actually nmake this possible, I will continue my search xD

16. Zarentu

Zarentu Active Member

Well I am currently on the server Tahyang which is Archage unofficial RP server. I have seen quite a few people RP on there, myself included. RP is kind of nice to have on this game because it is perfectly setup to do so. You can own your own farm or house, most people turn their house into a tavern.