Roleplay part 8

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Aaron, Dec 17, 2012.

1. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

"benjamin you dont understand my plan. If there is no liquid nitrogen or pxygen in the area of the toxin then the toxin cant be made. As well as me already deleting the toxin recipe"
    "then it's over. And as a precuation dont forget that if there is no oxygen in the area then I can activate the self destruct to destroy d6."

2. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

Where do you guys read that bullshit science. Pumping nitrogen into a room wouldn't remove the air, if anything it would make more of it. The oxygen and the nitrogen would combine. You realize air is 70% nitrogen, right? And why are we destroying D-6¿ #TeamDontFuckUpTheCanon

#342 I Hate Lurkers, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  3. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

we know but it would thus remove to m
    uch oxygen vy combining with it. And make air unbreathable. Cuase you know of there isnt enough oxygen we die right?

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

I didn't know this, and just assumed that TheStalker was correct about it xD

"It does not matter any longer anyway, Joe. Odessa is on her way to the laboratory to deal with the bombs. Exploding the Toxin will lead to the Toxin spreading slowly out in D6, making it unhabitable. And that is our bonus, because we want D6 to stay intact, and inhabitable", I said. "Now, let us continue our crawl to the service room. It should only be ten minutes ahead", I said before I turned and began crawling towards it. I felt in my bones that there was simply just something that was not entirely correct. Something was wrong. I tried to figure out what, but I couldn't. I just shook it off and kept crawling until we reached the end.

5. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

6. I Hate Lurkers

Yes it will remove oxygen in the room by mass multiplication and create air, which is what we need. But you forget air is being pumped into D-6 through the air vents we are fucking crawling in. You can remove some oxygen, but it will be replaced. Also, your link say pure nitrogen gas. Liquid nitrogen is neither in gas form nor pure. But when it turns back into gas form at room temperature, it still won't work because pure nitrogen gas can only kill you if there isn't any oxygen to combine with to create air. Back to my first point, there is always oxygen in D-6. So check that sucka.

Before we could reach the end, I stop and turn back around, looking into the empty abyss Odessa crawled into. I knew she'd be fine, but a piece of me questioned. This piece takes over. I tap Anton on the shoulder as he passes me.

"Do me a favor and pull Gena with you. Will you?" I ask, releasing my grip around Gena's collar.

I scurry over behind Joe and yank my rucksack and AKS-74u of his back. I check my gear for a moment and find that my Mosin Nagant is missing. 'Even more reason to go back' I think to myself. Tossing my rucksack over my shoulder, I quickly crawl into the tunnel behind Odessa. She didn't have but a few minute's head start on me and I can probably crawl faster than her anyway. I won't be but a matter of time before I catch up to her.

#346 I Hate Lurkers, Jan 8, 2013
  7. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

oh yeah lol forgot about the air vents xd. But liquod nitrogen has the same effect. Ive seen ot somewhere. Becuase it boils at less than 0 degress it woukd turn into gas. found more link about liquid nitrogen http://www.chem.purdue.edu/chemsafety/Chem/ln2.htm

#347 TheStalker, Jan 8, 2013
  8. I Hate Lurkers

edited my last post to explain how it still doesn't work, but I can see how you'd forget about the air vents.

#348 I Hate Lurkers, Jan 8, 2013
  9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Damn, yous wrote loads in just over 24 hours since I last checked. :p Very interesting and intense stuff though - nice going. :) I'm gonna stay quiet for another while. Polina doesn't know anything about D6, so she's still just listening, watching and following.

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

I wanted to stop Fyodor as he passed by to go after Odessa and let him know that I thought he should respect Odessa's decision on going alone. But I was worried for Odessa, and could not stop him. She would possibly not need him, but there was always a chance that she would. In case she did, Fyodor would have her back and make the odds greater. He was a reliable boy.

11. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

Damnit, every time I go to bed there are three more pages

I continue to crawl through the vents with the rest of the group as I began to watch the group's numbers become smaller and smaller. I first noticed that Steve was missing but then Benjamin said that he may have been killed by Nazis so I continued to crawl through the vents. Then Odessa headed back to the labs to try detonate the explosives in there. Fyodor then wanting to protect her decided to follow her. I continued o crawl into the dark abyss that was the ventilation shaft ahead of us

It would semi-make sense if the toxin was released into the air because of the toxic gas that is in D6 when you arrive in the game of Metro 2033.
    But if it exploded that wouldn't work.

#351 GoodLordApollo, Jan 8, 2013
  12. ultimLux

ultimLux Well-Known Member

Skaara, I'm pretty sure that Steve had all of Odessa's gear. So melkov (left all his gear in that lower room) and her are both down to just what they are carrying.

Stop arguing over the science, Odessa is going to go handle it.

@Darkbringer - Are you stepping out, or are you going to create a new character?

So, our order in the vents is(?) :
    Joe
    Benjamin
    Bezymyan
    Polina
    Anton
    Gena
    Melkov

Odessa
    Fyodor

I crawled slowly after the others, my hands and knees pulling me forward along the cool metal of the vent. Catching up with them at a junction, I heard dimly that the bombs shoulder have gone off by now. "All of that for nothing?" I wondered to myself.

Then, Odessa crawled off in one side of the junction, to ensure the destruction of our target. The group moved on, down the other end, though Fyodor went after Odessa. I watched him crawl past unnoticed, and then waited for a few moments, wondering if they needed any help.

A voice in the back of my mind told me that they were probably going to need all the help they could get if the Nazis had been the ones to diffuse the bombs. But, I was tired, and I followed along at the back of the group, watching Anton drag Gena along.

He was looking terrible, sweat rolling down his face in beads. "How are you doing, Gena?" I asked him, following close behind.

13. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I felt a huge shake. The explosives had gone of!! It was proceeded by a siren saying in german after diffusing the bombs near the toxin our team began to dispose of the explosives. However we failes to dispose of them properly and they have unfourtantley exploded. Please try to escape by vent before the gases engulf you.
    "oh god. Now we gotta run" I half grumbled to myself.

14. I Hate Lurkers

Stalker please stop changing shit around. First everything is set, then you rped the bombs didn't go off and came up with your nitrogen plan (which basically got ignored), then Odessa and I are going back to rearm the bombs, and now all of a sudden blow up? How do defused time charges explode? Were the Reich soldiers playing hot potato? Did the officer come in? Is this how it went down?

Reich Officer Arzt: "What the hell are you people doing? Wait, wait, stop. Stop right where you are!"

The soldiers stop dead still.

Reich Officer Arzt: "Alright I want you to put that down, put that down carefully. Put it gently, gently. Dammit. Gently, gently! Alright now get out of there, get away from there. Come on, get out. Move away from it." Says the officer, after the soldiers butchered attempt to gently place down the dynamite and walk away.

Reich Soldier: What the hell is th" is all he is able to get out before being interrupted.

Reich Officer Arzt: "Shhh! Be quiet." The officer says with a sigh as he walks over to the explosives. "Do any of you know what happens to dynamite in ninety plus degree heat? Huh? Do you know? Anyone of you? It sweats nitroglycerin." The officer says slowly picking up the dynamite.

A Reich Soldier slowly approaches him.

Reich Officer Arzt: "Whoa! Ho! What are you doing?! Did I ask you to come closer?" The officer again sighs. "Dynamite is nitroglycerin stabilized by clay. Nitroglycerin is the most dangerous and unstable explosive known to man." The officer says, inspecting the stick of dynamite.

He looks up to a very girly soldier.

Reich Officer Arzt: "Hey kid give me your shirt. Now princess, I need to wrap the dynamite. Just throw it to me, right here. Be careful. Come on, hurry up!" The officer orders.

The very girly Reich soldier removes and tosses the Reich Officer his/her shirt.

Reich Officer Arzt: "Okay, good. Now back up. Back up, back up! Just back up. Get out of my way." The officer barks, the soldiers all back up to a safe distance.

He huddles around on the floor, soaking the shirt in a puddle of water.

Reich Officer Arzt: "Any of you hear about what happen to the guy who invented nitroglycerin? Probably not, because he blew his fricking face off. His lab assistant came into the room, saw that his mentor had detonated, and he said 'Huh. Guess this stuff does work'. The officer rants.

The officer wraps the stick of dynamite in the damp shirt and stands up.

Reich Officer Arzt: "Alright this all weren't going to take any more of this stuff then we need to because nitroglycerin is extremely temperamental. So we do--"

The sentence is cut short as the unstable dynamite explodes in the Reich Officer Arzt's hand.

Someone better have gotten that fucking reference. But seriously Stalker, just make up your mind already. I'm sorry if I'm seeming rude, but all this changing is making the story harder to follow and its getting tiring at this point.

ultimLux, if I read it correctly, it goes in this order:

Joe
    Sergie
    Polina
    Anton
    Gena
    Melnikov
    Beyzmyan
    Benjamin - Jet

Fyodor
    Odessa

Side note: Dark was captured and killed. What happen to Wojice and the dog Sako?

Sorry this was so long.

#354 I Hate Lurkers, Jan 8, 2013
  15. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

and what about fyotr?

16. ultimLux

ultimLux Well-Known Member

if fyotr = pyotr, dahksinol has not been online since 12/14. So pyotr is MIA in the streets of Moscow for the moment.

I'm the last guy in the vent; everyone else is in front of me.

17. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

lurkers man calm down. I agree im being a bit wierd just see you will understand. [/COLOR="Red"]

18. I Hate Lurkers

I am calm. I was making a reference to one of the greatest television shows ever. And this situation was just too perfect to pass up.

19. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

LOST!!

Also, allow me to be of assistance regarding the sudden detonation, although the LOST style thing was cool I don't think we'd be using unstable dynamite nowadays.

The crawl was long and hard but seeing through the endless vent I could feel my energy returning, as well as my hearing and vision. Although my body still felt like a furnace it was rapidly improving, though the urge to vomit again remained persistent.

As we continued along the vent discussion regarding the bombs and how they didnt go off began to surface. Odessa left down another vent to rearm the explosives. Soon after Fyodor handed my body to Anton before giving chase. I pained me a little that I didn't get to explain to them a device that would save them the trouble off going back but my voice was to quiet and frail to be heard through the distance.

Grigori asked if was doing alright. "I feel like the devils outhouse, but this outta make me feel better" I fragily say as I reach into one of my mag pouches and pull out two detonators. I had not the energy to use them sooner but I did now, and who knows, it might save Fyodor and Odessa's lives. I have to squeeze the two detonators with all of my might just to activate them with my weakened hands. There was a slight delay followed by the whole ventilation system shaking. After a few seconds a slight breeze swepped through the vent, from the explosion no doubt. If I had placed the explosives correctly it would cause the toxin containing tanks to collapse to the floor below, spewing their contents on the 5th floor thus destroying it as it mixes with all sorts of filth and other chemicals.

The second shockwave was bound to be the armory which most likely suffered a similar fate. "That solves that problem" I mumbled.

20. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

Odessa is still alive, just been knocked unconciouss

*as I was getting close to the lab I heard a sound behind me. I knew it would not be nazis, but I turned around and was ready to shoot when I saw Fydor coming up behind me*

'joining the party? glad to have company then, let's keep moving' I said to him quietly.

*suddenly I felt a rumble shake the vent and felt everything rocking sideways for what seemed like an eternity with a loud bang being heard. I gues the bombs had gone off after all*

'run!' I said to Fyodor turning as quicly as I could to make our way back to the main vent.

*and then, a second explosion followed shortly, making me loose the little grip I had and knocking me around in the tight space inside the vent. I felt shooting pains all over my legs and arms and suddenly my head impacted the left side of the vent, and everything went black*

#360 Jet Odessa, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013