Quests not completing?

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 Discussion' started by davidll, Jan 6, 2019.

1. davidll

davidll New Member

I wonder if anyone else has seen this issue with fallout 4, xbox one.

I have 2 quests that will not advance.

1 is defending the castle doing the minute man line. I helped defend the castle against a synth attack, we successfully defeated all the synths, but the quest does not advance from there. I don't get the little popup box stating that it has been completed. I have waited and waited, then went on a dozen other missions, completely forsaking the quest. I came back days later and the minute men are still all around the castle in position waiting for some attack... there is no further attack, I do not know what they are waiting on.

2nd one is Far Harbor, first quest for Far Harbor, I get off the boat, go up to the structure where I am immediately told to help defend against a coming attack. Well a few creatures attacked and we successfully defended, but just like with the minute men, it won't advance. Days went by. I started exploring the island on my own without the quest. After roaming around in the fog and having a few encounters and covering a lot of land mass, I went back to the harbor where I started out. Just like the minute men, they are all still there, waiting on this attack to happen... there is no further attack... but I cannot advance the storyline till I have "defended" successfully.

Anyone have any idea whats going on with this?

2. davidll

davidll New Member

Well the second part of this question has been answered by playing itself out. I went back to Far Harbor with Nick and once I did that everything started working. All the quests presented as they should by the towns people. Now if I can just figure out what is going on with the Minute men.